Perimenopause and unsteady blood pressure

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear ladies

I need some support. Past two weeks my BP has been low and doctors stop my bp meds upon advising me to check my BP twice a day in case it changes.

Past few days my BP has creeped up and do is the anxiety, I feel weird as if something is going to happen to me anytime. I'm sure it's to do with my hormones. As other times I'm OK.

I'm really concerned about my BP as I never know when it will rise.

Is there any ladies with this problem? How do you cope?

Advise please.. I really appreciate for the support.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

there are some great videos on you tube explaining high blood pressure. Mine is caused by hormones too. I decided not to take my medication and thank goodness i didnt because years later i was sent a letter saying it causes cancer. mine is in the 'normal high ' range for now. there are natural herbs and vitamins that can help. and lots of walking.

take care. you are not alone.

• Posted

hi Kadija.

i have been dealing with very high blood pressure and as i have had spot on normal blood pressure my whole life it's obviously caused by fluctuating hormones. i also have hypothyroidism now amongst severe peri symptoms. I am on HRT patches, carbamazepine (antiepileptic drug for burning and severe pain left side face and arm plus burning mouth syndrome) (Duloxetine antdepresent that works as pain relief in combo) and now thyroid pills and blood pressure pills.

i hate taking all this medication but as im on disability i cant afford expensive organic treatments. I would recommend you look for natural treatments first before medications but always listen to your body and the dr before making decisions. I now have a struggling liver because of meds but cant get off them.

• Posted

i am going through the same thing so o dont take my bp medication daily since it can crash unexpectedly. i also check my blood pressure regularly too. i trust God it will be over soon you are not alone

• Posted

I am having the same issues as well. my bp will spike and it makes me a nervous wreck, which in turn makes the bp higher. It's a viscous cycle. I'm not on bp medication because mine drops back down. What type of natural things are there?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.