Perimenopause and weird feeling

Posted , 12 users are following.

Do any of you ladies ever experience what I can only describe as being a 'weird' feeling? Where i feel not quite right. When it hits I become all quiet and can't even speak, eat or move. I tend to retreat and let it pass if I can. It's such an odd feeling!

I can't believe hormones are responsible for these odd feelings..

4 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Welcome to the "Hotel California"..   compliments of the Eagles.

sorry.... just a little satire.wink

But yes i totally get it, its like im this entity now, trying to make sense of it all. Just go with it, and with the support of this awesome forum of ladies that rule, you will find solace.

• Posted

Hi Dora - Yes, the way I described it to my husband is I feel someone sucked my brains out & my body feels like I have been run over by a Mack truck on most days.  It used to be that I experienced this “magical moments” only certain times of the month, but now it just feels like the norm & coupled with tingling extremities and burning body parts, and phantom aches & pains....oh & let’s not forget the anxiety and shortness of breath & constant smell of cigarette smoke....it’s no wonder some women used to go to the sanitarium during menopause  - Holy Moly! Childbirth was a cakewalk compared to this!

• Posted

Yes Debra!! I told my hubby tonight, I feel like I got hit by a truck!  My butt cheeks even hurt and Lord knows I haven't worked out for them to hurt!! 

I'm so annoyed and done 😡  

• Posted

debra  i feel same .  i have to admit i don’t feel as crazy reading others posts.  i even had to laugh at a few.  better than crying!   i cant imagine yrs ago what wen felt not having what we do today and the knowledge.  would have beena scarey scarey time.  its bad enough in 2018.  i have ringing in ear in left  only when i lay down.  strange smells and dry mouth.  i found myself driving home on a completely wrong road probably 5 mi just thinking about stuff before i realized nothing looked right and turned around.  

i just dont know what to do with my monkey mind some days.  but i will not let the discomfort and hard times be wasted.  i have learned alot and i know its hormones and not really me.  that’s what is upsetting to us all is we know its not our normal thinking.  it’s frightening for sur.  

• Posted

Hi All - I will continue to soldier on in this Menopause Journey...it just would be fabulous to know when the heck I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though - Today I had a PMS headache, like the kind I would get right before my period...(different than a migraine) - funny thing is, I haven’t had a period in 6 years! 😱

• Posted

i didn’t realize you hadnt had periods for 6 yrs!  you still have symptoms?   crap... i was starting to feel better thinking when i stop periods things will calm down.  ugggg
    • Posted

Hi shawnalb - yes, my period stopped 6 years ago, but I really didn’t start having yucky symptoms until like 2 1/2 years ago - Someone pointed out to me on these posts that maybe the delay in getting my menopause symptoms was because my hormones may not have been imbalance until  just a bit ago.  It was also an incredibly stressful time of my life & even when I had my hormones checked last October, they said they were very low but balanced.  I am overweight, so I know I am Estrogen dominant. I did have all the typical Peri issues like insomnia, flooding & sweating, but this e-ticket ride is all together different.  Believe me, I have questioned it all too, like why now? Is this menopause or inflammation or because I took a toxic blood pressure RX, but I am positive it’s all hormonal now - just trying to be good to myself since hormone dr said I was too old to start hormones - ain’t it lovely! I think my mind has played a big part in this game, at first I was so frightened by all the scary symptoms (spent massive amounts of money on drs).  I believe switching the mindset on this, is going to be the only way I make it out the other side - 

• Posted

ya im not as scared now but unless something new comes up lol   symptoms or feeling worse symptoms i already have.  ive thought i had all kinds diseases.  i had to stop myself and say it is what it is and wont be what its not.  

today and yesterday has sucked but last week was decent.  makes nooo sense but i let it pass like a cloud in the sky this was told.  acknowledge  it but dont

entertain it .  that helps alot its really a mind thing.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.