Perimenopause - anxiety is taking over my life!! HELP !!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on HRT for almost a year now but my anxiety is taking over my life!! I've lost the old me that I loved!! HELP!!

I've always lacked in self confidence but it's now gone to the extreme. It's affected my job!! It's affected my social life!! I feel like aliens have taken over my body!!

SET ME FREE ....... LEAVE ME ALONE!!

Any good advice please xx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie. Its awful i know. What HRT are you taking ? maybe you need to have it cahanged or higher dose? Ive had a few different ones as time has gone on! The anxiety is the worse i think also it effects your confidence. I am post menopause & have had lots of symptoms so know how you are feeling.

• Posted

I'm on Elleste duet.

I think the worst thing is thinking you're the only one feeling so rotten!! I joined the forum to help understand and realise I'm not the only one!!

Anxiety is probably the worst obstacle I have encountered in my life!!

Thanks for the reply x

• Posted

marie, I agree. Anxiety is not just panic attacks. Today is a good day for me, I l feel good, my knees aren't aching, my outlook is positive, but in the back of my mind are these thoughts, like, you don't deserve a good day, maybe something bad is about to happen, or worrying about every little pain thinking it's a dread disease. It's the negative thoughts that make me nuts! So many I can't list them all.  Why are they there? I didn't used to have them. Does any one else feel like this?

• Posted

Yes Marie it was my worst aswel ... i felt it would never go .. thankfully it has x
    • Posted

Hi

I am 52 and also post menopause I took HRT pill for 1 week I stopped cuz I worry on side effects . My Anxiety is getting worst and ill loosing a lot of weight .

Any advice

Thanks

• Posted

Yes

Feels my mind create all the possible risk all the time .

And releasing adrenaline the moment did😢

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, my symptoms were far worse than the worry of taking HRT! The anxiety was awful. I lost  weight with the anxiety no appetite? Back ok now im taking HRT , as long as you have regular checks you will be fine, hope this helps, ive been taking it for 6/7 years now.
  • Posted

Hi Marie, was wondering how long since you've had blood work to check your hormone levels. Even though you're on HRT it doesn't necessarily mean your hormones are balanced. I'v been on BHRT for 6 months and had blood work 3 times and adjustments made to the hormones I'm taking and I'll probably need one more adjustment before its perfect. I'm 90% better and my biggest problem was moods, depression, anxiety etc and my doctor says he will have me 100% better. Just thought might be worth having them checked..

• Posted

Blood check may be a good idea. My hormones are going wild!! Thanks for the advice. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.