Perimenopause at 38, anxiety, palpitations and tinnitus

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hello ladies I am new to this forum, looking for help/advice/suggestions from fellow peri/menopausal women. This hit me out of nowhere about 4 months ago, anxiety, palpitations, hotflashes and the worst symptom ringing in my right ear. I feel so fatigued and nauseated pretty much throughout the day. My ob/gyn has put me on a low dose hormone to balance everything. It has helped with hot flashes and palpitations but my ringing in the right ear has been constant and nausea at its worst. Has anyone experienced ringing in the ear? Have you tried anything that helped? Thanks in advance

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

hi dramisha- I don't have ringing in the ears but severe anxiety and sleep disturbance. What did you do for the anxiety? :-(

Did you have problems with sleep by chance?

• Edited

Hi Jill.. It all started about 4 months ago, panic attacks, anxiety, insomnia, irregular periods so I went to my ob/gyn, he prescribed a low dose birth control, I've been taking it since May, it took about two months to work, my anxiety and panic attacks are getting better. I also tried melatonin tablets which seems to help sleep better. I am going to try probiotics as someone mentioned in one of the comments.

• Posted

This could be me. Ringing in right ear, horrible anxiety, heart palpitations, sluggish digestion system (gas, bloating, reflux), lethargy, brain fog. Throw in the fact that although my thryoid levels have remained normal so far, I have a high level of antibodies which led to a hashimoto diagnosis (which cause cause crazy symptoms itself) At one point my anxiety caused a full blown panic attack which landed me in the ER. Of course in the midst of major anxiety, my BP was through the roof and ended up with me being placed on BP meds. I honestly don't think I need the meds as my pressures seem fine while at home, but once I walk in the doctors office for a checkup it get's high again-almost like a PTSD response. Ugh.

My symptoms noticeably began about 3.5 years ago. I am now 11 months without a period. I hope that means I am on the downhill slide because I just want to feel normal again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.