Perimenopause constant bleeding

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 49 years old for last six months having constant bleeding. Have undergone ultrasound. Had d &c and hysteroscopy no relief, still bleeding. I am taking norethendrone pill daily but the bleeding is not stopping. I am very frustrated has anyone had same experience

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would be stopping that medication and seeing your dr right away - it is not normal to be bleeding everyday 
  • Posted

Have you had your iron checked, I had that problem and am going to the dr next week as my iron is low
  • Posted

My friend who is 57 bleeds all the time for months on in.. She said she bled really heavy for 3 straighgt months and then she quits for maybe a week two weeks if she is lucky and starts all over again . Passes clots and all. She said she hasnt been in for a pap smear or female check in many many years at least 10 years. She has also bleed for months and months straight! She thinks its becuse she is still peri meno plus she thinks because she is NOT in server pain then she is fine.  I have heard lots of wonen get bleeding and spotting for months on in during the change. What are they saying is wrong since all test are normal for you. Are you eating food that cause a weak form of estrogen like soy, pomgrante and theres other which if I mess with them I end of bleeding. She my friend eats soy stuff regularly which I think is why she bleeds constanty. 
  • Posted

Hi

I am having similar issues. Seeing gynecologist tomorrow. Gp has put me on estelle duet 1mg and it has regulated the bleeding a bit. I don't like taking the hrt so will see what tomorrow brings and what other options may be available

My Gp said this happens to some women during peri

It's really worrying though

Ann

• Posted

Hi, Nidhi, 

Sorry to learn you're going through all this.  Are you seeing a GYN? Here are my comments, but remember I'm not a medical professional.

How long has it been since you had your last pap smear?  What was the result of the ultrasound?  Was your uterine stripe measured?  Usually, over 4mm a biopsy is performed.  Was a biopsy done of the contents of your uterus after the d&c? What about blood work?  There are two markers, though they're not great markers, of ovarian cancer that can be looked at by a blood test. And a blood test can be used to measure the hormones in your blood.  Finally, if there is still no indication of what's going on, a CT scan can be perfomed, that should show in better detail, your ovaries, and whether you have fibroids, etc.  

If you are frustrated, concerned about your health, and feeling that you are getting nowhere with your present doctor, ask your primary care doctor for a referral to another. You can also ask your friends who they see.   

You know your body, and bleeding for 6 months is not normal. Some doctors believe that a woman can be "too young" to have such things such as uterine cancer or ovarian cancer.  Others may be using out of date techniques.  Still others seem to go through the motions of practicing medicine, unconcerned about finding the cause of the symptoms a patient is suffering.  You have a right to good medical care! 

Please let us know how you do!     

• Posted

Hi

I was bleeidng heavy and clots, i too am 49, had all the test, including hysteroscopy all came back ok apart from a small polyp. Im on Norithesone but i take 3 a day and it stopped my bleeding. I am under a consutant at the hosp and i  now take them constantly without a break.

have you been back to your doctor? you need to go and speak to them and get checked for low iron. Im lucky and have a very good doctor who will listen  and my consultant also is quite good.

they did suggest an ablation or the coil but he is now happy for me to stay on the tablets.

like others have said maybe its best to go and see your doctor again  and get it sorted , good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.