Perimenopause. Homeopathy found out lots of imbalances

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all

I went to a Homeopath today and so glad I went. She could prove I'm in Peri,she could see my progesterone was really low. My thyroid was showing something is wrong. She could also tell me where I had aches and pains and she was right. Having cell analysis next week from her. If anyone can afford it it's well worth it.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thats great, thyroid normally slows during peri and in part thats what affects weight gain...............let us know how you get on with it all.
  • Edited

Hi Michelle,

I found some things helped a bit when I first had itchy skin the homeopath sorted it out. A few months later came back and nothing made much difference, she also tried to treat the depression and several other things, oh yeah the hair loss, I had homeopathy a tricologist a herbalist and a private dermatologist on that one.

Yes if you can afford it, the money I've spent on this meno business I could have had a fabulous holiday with all the cash I've spent.

Mind you no one said mine was menopause related so you have a better chance of things working for you if you know what you are dealing with.

• Posted

Hi i noted that u said ud been down the natural route as I am on now. And as u said am spending an absolute fortune and don't think anything is really working! ! Is there anything u feel really helped with flushes mood etc or is hrt the only way... have had a bad few days have fought with anything that's moved!! (AM NORMALLY SO LAID BACK) at the rate im going il have no one to speak to!! I'd apreciate your opinion xx
    • Edited

It's so hard to say because you get good days.

Early on I was doing ok with a multivitamin but it was very high quality ionic plant based vitamins and minerals.

I also used a very high dose of Alaska deep sea fish oil extra vit c at 2000 mg a day extra b12 sublingual lozenges and ionic magnesium.

I still take b12 and magnesium.

I found that I'd start a new something things seemed to improve and then go back to where I was again. I'm not sure if the little boosts you get from certain things holds it back or if in some way it's a placebo effect because you have read promising things about the herb or supplement.

HRT has definitely had the biggest effect, I had this thing going on with niacin a while a go but had to conclude that it was either placebo or I just happened to be having a better week anyway or maybe my body needed it a bit and after an initial boost caused by a need for it the effects went away again.

I was encouraged by a natural health worker to keep upping the dose but niacin gives you a weird flush and I had a few bad ones and it put me off.

I've just started looking into maca, you can take it with HRT it's an adaptogen so worth looking into.

• Posted

So I found two good homeopaths I can try, I emailed both asking "how" the diagnose but no reply sad just trying to get an idea if they use any bio energetic type devices or if they base it on Symptons rolleyes
  • Posted

Sorry but homeopathy is complete quackery and, unless they are also medical doctors, homeopaths are not qualified to diagnose anything. People commonly feel good after seeing a homeopath because they tend to have good listening skills and take a lot of time with each customer. But homeopathic products typically contain no active ingredients - they are sugar pills and the whole sham is based on flawed and unsupportable principles. There have been hundreds of clinical trials of homeopathy and it has failed to prove effective for any condition. It's, at best, a placebo.

Sorry if I sound too forceful but I know of a number of tragic and needless deaths of children because their parents put faith in homeopathy instead of treatments that would have saved their lives. Taking it for menopausal symptoms won't do any harm - nor any good. Certainly if any improvement is observed it won't be attributable to homeopathy.

• Posted

I actually couldn't disagree more! The pharmaceutical industry is the biggest sham.

• Posted

The faults of the pharmaceutical industry have no bearing on the fact that homeopathy is nonsense and you can't disagree with the fact that people have died because they put their faith in this nonsense instead of in science-based treatments because it is an established truth and the evidence is in the public domain for everyone to see. Homeopathy does not cure cancer yet more people than ever are surviving cancer.

• Posted

many have survived using homeopathy, but we shall agree to disagree.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.