Perimenopause Horrific Period cramping

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just realized last December that all my bizarre symptoms are due to perimenopause.

Anyway, my newest symptom is horribly painful period cramps.

I have a retroverted uterus so the pain is 90% in my back during my period, but dang...i don't remember ever having cramps this painful. 

Anyone else?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have pain in the front and after numerous ultrasounds the radiologist are considering Pelvic Congestion syndrome where tbe varicoius veins have a slow blood flow and cause pain. And it is terrible chronic pain. I’m heading to the Gyn on the 1rst and see what they can do 
    • Posted

So sorry to hear that sad  That sounds awfully frustrating. I hope you find relief soon!
  • Posted

Dear trinity

Running up to peri I remember having the worst period cramp ever, I too have a retroverted uterus, the pain felt as bad as a contraction, thankfully that ever only happened to me once!

• Posted

Yep, the pain is reminding me of the beginning stages of labor. Unreal. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.