Perimenopause - hysterectomy help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies.

I am 33 and have dealt with anxiety and some OCD since giving birth to my daughter. It had progressed so bad that i went to the doc and they put me on Lexapro. Needless to say after 7 years of that, it made me WAY WORSE and my husband left and I was violent, so I came off of them after weening down for 2 years. So. I had it under control for the longest time. I would still have some intrusive obsessive thoughts, but it was manageable. My mom, who was my rock and my "person", passed away a year ago and i was doing good until June. We went on vacation and when i came home, i was a completely different person. I was extremely weepy, nauseas upon waking, hopeless, depressed, feelings that i wanted to just die, and my periods were wonky and heavy and then short and then my sex drive PLUMMETED, which is NOT ME. I joke that i am a 14 year old boy going through puberty, its that high. Now, i'm just disinterested. And this just in, sex.... hurts. Hurts?! Like, what happened? I am usually very outgoing and need to stay busy (anxiety) but here lately simple tasks feel overwhelming. I was sitting at work and then all of a sudden i felt like I could scream, and then the fear of losing control and hurting myself popped in my brain, which caused me to panic, and i about lost my case. I had to go into the bathroom and cry just to relieve some of the pent up feelings. It was terrifying. 

Please tell me i'm normal! I've had intense panels of auto-immune diseases checked and all negative. I went for an ultrasound and i have a cyst on both ovaries and some polyp on my enodmetrium. I am having a DNC and a biopsy on that soon. I just want it all out. I want to have a hysterectomy, but i fear that will wreak havoc on my mental health. Others say they would do a hyster all over again. I honestly think i'm just SUPER sensitive to hormones. Birth control almost sent me to a looney bin, and i tried 5 diff kinds. So, I think that maybe I just DON'T NEED HORMONES. LOL

I have tried a homeopathic doctor, i've tried birth control, i've tried diet, exercise, i eat better than anyone i know, i don't eat sugar, hardly any dairy, no gluten, i drink only water or carbonated water. 

Like, bye bye hormones.  

any help would be appreciated. Anyone who may be going through the same thing, tips, tricks, reassurance i'm not crazy. cheesygrin

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh and i have the hot flashes, night sweats, achy joints (i feel like im 80 trying to stand from a sitting position), weird hairs growing in odd places, hair loss, excessive sweating, smell like a man, and then some.

• Posted

Oh Kuppy...welcome!  You’re in the right place.  No, your not crazy.  The “scary thoughts” you are having are just thoughts manifested from anxiety...nothing more.  Our minds are very sensitive and powerful. Your hormones are going crazy, causing anxiety, therefore your mind is playing tricks on you.   I’m on Lexapro now, only 9th week though.  This forum is very helpful, it’s been my savior.  Your not alone.  I’m so sorry about your mother🙏

• Posted

THANK YOU LOU. Yeah, i tried lexapro, and it helped for awhile but made me numb. And it made me violent and kind of a slut. (excuse my french) My husband said i wasn't the same and he left. Luckily, he came home and i decided not to be on it any longer. Boy, that was a battle. But its been better. And i really thought i was ok after my moms death, and i really was, but then BAM! All of a sudden, i was crazy and anxious, and a wreck. Its scary. My Gyno said we could try Lupron, BUT i'm EXTREMELY sensitive to medication. Even ibuprofen. And i have heard terrible things about lupron. Thankful to find this forum.

• Posted

Have you tried NAC supplements and L Theonine supplements? They helped me for my OCD and to calm my mind. 50 to 75% effective for me.
    • Posted

What is NAC? I have tried l theanine and it helped but I had some kind of reaction to it which prompted me to stop it. I just can’t remember what it was. Oops! I called my doctor to see if she can check my hormones and try something before taking it out. I had an ephiphany though. I felt great during pregnancy, when I’m not menstruating, and I wonder if a hysterectomy would really help, since it’s no period? But idk. 
    • Posted

hello,

I am 32 years old and I am already perimenopausal....

I have awful symptoms of low estrogen...as you said painful joints , aggressiveness along with depression...everything emotional and physical symptoms of estrogen deficiency. all th elist

You are right that medications worsen our moods and violent behavior...

I have also  a cyst on my right ovary that has to be removed.

Birth control pill may lower even more your low levels of estrogen and  that s why you felt worse on them in my opinion.

Are you still menstriating every month?

we are too young suffering like this

p.s in the past  I have read another poor woman  suffering from hormones  and during pregnancy she was feeling great

• Posted

We are too young! It’s craziness! When I was pregnant I was ok. Yes I’m still  having a period. I have a cyst on each ovary but doc said it’s normal. I’m having a D&C to remove a polyp found in my uterus next week. If any ladies wanna email me y’all can! It’s nice to talk to others! 

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.