Perimenopause irritation and burning

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I have some slight vaginal irritation and slight burning that has only started since this wonderful, fun-filled journey sad You ladies have helped me so much during this and anytime I have a flush of health anxiety (my worst symptom by far) reading posts from y'all are a life saver!!

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello : 

I’m glad you mention this because I went to my doctor because I have some itching , burning in my vaginal area only on the outside 3 weeks  into it. I though it was BV or Yeast but the first week I went to the store and I got anti fungal and one week past and went to the doctor and she didn’t do an exam I told her it was on the outside and no discharge so she gave me the one pill for yeast and probiotics  and today I still itching so I went today she check me and said was dryness and she didn’t saw no discharge! So I went to the store and got some vaginal mosturiZer and see what happens it is annoying. She said is hormonal. I hope this help you and anyone and i love to know if more women going thru this. Hope we get better 

• Posted

if its dryness use organic coconut oil morning and night it works really well i am now 10 years post meno and still use it daily and have no dryness issues
    • Posted

It is itching . So I’m gonna get it. How do i need to used just rub it ?
    • Posted

Is it the solid coconut oil in a jar or do you get a liquid kind?
  • Posted

I'm with you on the health anxiety it's my worst symptom too. I thought I was going crazy before understanding it was a symptom of perimenopause I can waste entire days worrying about every pain or niggle I hate it. your not alone x

• Posted

Hi VICKY,

I’m the same as you ! I have anxiety overdrive from this damn Meno crap ! I too have had slight irritation and burning going to the loo for the past 2 weeks ? Took a sample to be tested for a water infection, they said no but shows slight inflammation ??? Whatever that means ? But have spent all weekend worried about it . . . Someone on the Menopause site on Facebook said maybe it’s Vagianl Atrophy which has made me panic because I do t want that xx Deb xx

• Posted

I get the exact same thing. It drives me crazy, but mine is a prickly itchy sensation. I just finished a super long bleed that lasted from Nov until a week ago, now I have this irritation to deal with..it seems our struggles never end. I'm considering trying maca supplements to see if it will balance me out

• Posted

Hi KLM,  

Yes I have ! I’m currently panicking over what it might be ? Have you had any slight tummy ache and dragging sensation with it ? 

Deb xxx

• Posted

Yes I do. I think the tummy ache though is just from digestive issues that comes along with perimenopause. What do you mean by dragging feeling? If you mean being exhausted, yes. Seems I can not get enough sleep these days lol
    • Posted

Hi thanks for answering ! What I mean is a dragging kind of feeling in your tummy almost like being due on ? The strange thing is, the urgency to go has gone but now I have s sensation of like trapped wind in my privates ??  So weird . . I’m worrying my self that there is something there that should t be and everything you google says ‘Prolapse’ and that terrifies me xxx
  • Posted

Hi KIm, it could be atrophy i have had this burning 2 years never any discharge , lots of swabs nothing. I saw a Gynea dr last week who has advised me to wash only down there with aqeuous cream and also  moisturise with the same cream and TBH i have noticed an improvement. This cream is cheap  from any supermarket and does not have any harsh chemicals in it. x 
  • Posted

I do get this from time to time as well. Have it right now in fact. I would suggest sleeping without underwear. Make sure you are double rinsing your underwear when washing and don’t use fabric softener. 

Interesting about the coconut oil. 

• Posted

Yes. Always worse after my period. I think its a dryness and ph thing. I put a dab of aloe Vera gel on the irritated places and it really helps.
    • Posted

I saw your reply and it is exactly what I am dealing with now. Right after my period (which is now my ovulation week since my periods are so short), I have vaginal burning. I am going to try vitamin E suppositories to see if that help. Is your burning internal, external or both? It has to be hormonal as it isn't as bad other days of the month.

• Posted

Hi klm1213

I have just started this symptom about 4 months ago. But I have along with it much more discharge than normal and I get swollen down there. Doctor says everything is fine 🤔 But how can that be. I soak in Espom salt and ever few days I do a salt water rinse. It does help alittle. Anyone else get the swollen labia and vulva thing? This also makes my anxiety sky high ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.