Perimenopause: Mouth Ulcer?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone developed TMJ and mouth ulcer in peri? I'm so sick of this ....

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

not mouth ulcers but i know i go thru periods where i clench my jaw alot like right now im supposed to get period tomorrow but we will see! My jaw is killing me from it i try to catch myself doing it but mot easy take motrin to ease the pain im sure

mouth sores are probably partnof it too since our body chemistry ia ao thrown off from this crap! I know today i feel very hyper and oversensative to things have body aches as well among other things! Feel better!!!!

• Posted

Yes I also have developed TMJ and constant jaw and tooth pain. I always ground my teeth and have a nightguard but since peri way worse. I think also the health issues are adding to my stress and being alone still at 47. I feel like 40 is the new 80. Why the hell am I falling apart at this age? My mother and aunt claim they were fine and my mother didn't even go through menopause until her 50s. Is there some reason it is worse for my generation? We prob have more stress, ridiculous cost of living, no pensions or retirement, crazy student loan debt and raised on foods full of hormones and preservatives. Im feeling pretty hopeless if it's not one thing it's another. Giant fibroid, tooth pain, crazy bad PTSD, and the panic of being so old and still single with student loan debt and no retirement and not working in a lucrative industry and in a market where companies just want to hire you contract. And wanting so bad to own a home.

• Posted

Okay first off take a deep breath! i think you just answered hour own question! Alot if it is stress whichbis harder to handle when ur in peri i am 49 have two kids and all those worries u have most of us have as well married or not i think the stress just adds to it all is your period coming soon i know when mine is around the corner i start worrying about everything current and future! ur not crazy and not falling apart at all it just feels that way our parents cant really relate to what we deal with today i would say one day at a time one thing at time we it all comes at u at on e it feels very overwhelming and uncontrollable u are not the only one who feels these things trust me!!!!

• Posted

Thanks Christina. Got back from dentist and thinks it is a mild cold sore. WTF????? I have NEVER had a cold sore in my mouth in my life. I feel disgusting. I did read that peri and menopause hormones make viral outbreaks worse/more likely. I'VE HAD IT!!! I WANT A CURE! I'm 47 not 87. I'm not sure I'll make it to 87. And I have no husband, kids, retirement nothing. I AT LEAST need my health and sanity. Every day it's new pain mental or physical. I can't even take a normal birth control pill because of my fibroid and even when I was on one, it didn't stop my progesterone from nose-diving so I had terrible sleep issues. But when I tried to take more progesterone I gained a ton of weight still struggling really hard to lose and fibroid grew. My daily diet is one large green salad with tuna, protein shake and a handful of almond crackers. WTF? Plus walking when don't feel exhausted and stressed. Sorry but I've had it. If I had a loving husband and family it would prob all be less stressfull and depressing. And then I heard of woman who are like "menopause? I never had any symptoms". If peri is this bad, what will menopause be for me?????

• Posted

im glad just cold sore!!! i think sometimes family and kids make it more stressful at least for me im alone 75 percent of time wirk from home have no time for myself at all hardly soend time with hubby as he leaves at 530 and cones home at 8 its not easy having mqosy of responsibility of majority of stuff and sonetimes it seems harder cause men dont understand us and i kind of create more stress trying not to feel these things around mybkids and stuff i hold alot in which doesnt help at all lol!!! Eventuallybit will all pass i have low progesterone too and some other stuff so u are not alone!!!!

• Posted

Thanks for your kind words. I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.