Perimenopause-Night sweats without day time hot flashes-worried???

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am past 50 and still getting monthly periods. Every night now for the past 3 weeks I've been waking up about 2 hours after falling asleep with night sweats that slightly dampen my bed. My heart feels like it's racing and I have trouble falling back asleep. I assume this is perimenopause except I never have hot flashes during the day. I thought they go hand in hand. During the day I have anxiety and moodiness.

I read here that people get them but not every night like me, which worries me.

Does anyone here experience just night sweats every night but no daytime hot flashes? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello 

i started with night sweats age 40 .. Didnt get flushes for a while after ..

i am age 50 now and 20 months post meno 

this may help i send a link

jay x

• Posted

Hi 

everyone is different with the symptoms they get, for two weeks I get very bad sweating where I have to change my pjs can't sleep naked because after the sweats I freeze a cold I have never had before right to the bone teeth chattering, I believe this is also normal, husband says its like sleeping with a corpse, lethegy is awful so tired some days were I sleep all day, weight gain/loss, memory loss, anxiety, depression, joints feel like I have been kicked by a horse, hair loss and gained in places you don't want it.

type in Google symptoms of menopause, there are loads of symptoms.

dont worry it's different for everyone, as probably hundreds of women will tell you. 

I also got thyroid troubles when started with menopause. 😊

• Posted

Hi wanttoknow,

That was me almost 10 years ago......it started that way, then subsided. You'll find the symptoms have absolutely no rhyme or reason at times. I believe in the past 10 years (I'm 56 now) I may have had 10 actual hotflashes, the most being about a year ago and way more night sweats.

I can sleep through the night sweats at this point, crazy as it sounds. I only know this because sometimes my husband will wake up during the night and notice me kicking covers off in my sleep, drenched. I'm trying to think of my last hot flash (haven't had a period since this past December) and I believe it's been some time. Don't miss them!

Wishing you the quickest journey through this time!

Annie xx

• Posted

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Not looking forwards to the rest of the symptoms to make their grand entrance!
  • Posted

When I started getting night sweats, I noticed I got them four hours after I ate carbs. So I cut down on the carbs in the evening and try to eat low glycemic index carbs. It worked for a while, but now I have anemia pretty bad, it's giving me major sleep issues. Of course I am taking supplements now.
  • Posted

Hi, i am 54, still in peri. I had night sweating a couple of years ago. Woke up at three in the morning, sweating, tired, depressed, anxious, every night. It went like that for two years or so, then it stopped, and appeared again this year. I had probably four or five times something like day hot flashes, no more.

• Posted

Iam 56years old i was Still having my. The last time I have it it was in November and for the past 2 weeks I've been having night sweats every hour I wake up trench in sweat Is there anything I can do about it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.