Perimenopause - ??? Please help, so confused

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello all  -I have had all heart tests done and they are fine but I have had horrible indigestion and chest pain the past four months  -all stomach tests and scope done as well and all is fine. I am so frustrated no matter what I eat I am up all night with horrible painful chest pains in my esophuguas - stabbing, pulling crushing sensation. I am 41 . When I came across a perimenopause site I had several of the symptoms (muscle aches, anxiety, tired) and then I also saw indigestion - does anyone else suffer from this??? What type of doc would I see to test my hormones? My gyn said he would not test me until a yr of not having a period. I also get horrible breast pain. Any suggestions or comments would be great.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Dane,

I too suffer with indigestion problems terribly. It will start with a little pain on my left side which always worries me but then I belch and it goes away. Then I feel like i'm getting spasms or fluttering in between my breast bone. I guess my esophagus and then I could literally belch for a couple hours. I think caffeine doesn't help as it starts after having my coffee in the morning. I don't have my gall bladder anymore so I know it's not that. I know it disgusts my husband at times because I can't stop, but I also can't help it. I've suffered from the anxiety, aches & pains, sleeplessness and pretty much everything else. I'm in peri because I still get a period, however they are not consistent anymore. I'm 52. I can't wait for the day when I stop getting it. I've been dealing with the indigestion for about 8 months now. I've even been awaken at night with it. Ugh...why do us women have to suffer so? Not fair... but I do feel better knowing it's common and I'm not alone. Hang in there Dane...there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

• Posted

wow, i thought i was all alone in this...the belching is so embarrassing -my son and husband always make comments...its getting to where I don't want to eat around people anymore! please keep in touch
    • Posted

Im also trying to fiqure out why this is happening. I am only 41. It started out of the blue in August and has been hell ever since. I get confused becuase the tests I got says I have reflux but znatac doesn't help. It also happens when I eat non acid foods and I only get pains across the chest area and in my espophugus, no burning feeling at all...ugh so confused by this whole thing!
    • Posted

Oh girl, I know exactly what you mean. My husband and I were going to a dinner with family and friends and I was belching horribly all the way there and I said, jeez I hope this stops soon and my husband said, would be nice if it did. I know it sounds horrible. It's not acid, no burning sensation just fluttering or bubbly feeling and then belching. Sometimes a discomfort on left side of chest. I've come to terms with it and hope it will pass soon.
    • Posted

This is usually what I feel!  A fluttering or bubbly feeling and then a belch, relief, and then another belch, relief and another one.  I didn't think it was possible because I feel as if I produce enough gas to belch forever.  I'm 40!

• Posted

Hi dane521! I joined this website just to reply to this comment, because I'm 15, and I've had acid reflux for my entire life, I've taken every medication I could, and I'm temporarily on Lansolprazole. Not only that, but I've also been experiencing lumps in my throat. I've been taking Birth Control pills for about 10 months, to stop my previous problem of having heavy periods every 2 weeks, rather than the usual scheduled month. The doctors suggested that birth control would help control the periods, and they created a new system, which involved having a period only 4 times a year.  That's just the beginning of the story...

I've been having lumps in my throat for a few months now. They would appear out of nowhere, and it would get worse everytime I opened up the fridge, to eat something to make it go away. I've told my parents about my worst cases, but got through the rest of the times on my own. But today was different.

It was the first snow day of the year, so I was living any teens dream, by lounging around, watching YouTube and petting my dog. About 10ish, I started to experienced the lump again, but I started gaging too. I eased it out till around 12, and things went downhill from there. 

I ran to the bathroom out of paranoia of vomiting, and I actually ended up doing the very thing I was afraid of, and I made my parents panic in the process. 

I'm now sitting on my bed drinking ginger ale, and looking up potential answers to ask the doctors about. When I found you, I immediately started writing this. 

Help me figure this out? 

P.s. I've been told by doctors that I have an intolerance to Caseine (a protein in milk), but I've ignored their words and drank milk anyway, for almost 2 years. 

• Posted

Hi aziza,

As I sit here I feel a little lump feeling in my throat please read about silent gerd maybe you can get some answers I had an endoscopy back in November and my gi dr said I have chronic inflammation I'm on protonix med was doing goid but the lump feeling started again a couple of days ago I'm also going through perimenapause I've heard that this can relate ,hope you feel better

• Posted

It's definitely peri related. My Gp wasn't much use but she sent me to hospital for tests, all fine thank god. The doctor in the hospital was fantastic especially when I broke down crying because I'm so utterly fed up with everything I'm feeling. She told me it's all peri related including the stomach, gas, heartburn issue. Immediately she put me on Pantoprazole Teva stomach tablets and they have made a huge difference. You need to get FSH levels checked for hormones if your doctor refuses go to one of the women's clinics. Although I don't know where you live, I'm in Ireland and once I requested it done it was done. Just be aware your levels may be normal as mine was first time, this does not mean your not in peri, you know your body trust yourself and feel better soon xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.