Perimenopause problem.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Over the course of 6 mos , I noticed my eyelids were swelling. I went to the eye dr, dermatologist, allergist, etc and no one found any issues. I though I had an allergy to makeup, but on certain days I don’t!!

I started to see a pattern that every time I ovulate (tho I am 45 and very irregular) my eyelids swell or my eyes get dry and red.

Anyone have this???!!!!!

Any ideas for natural remedies??? My blood work shows normal hormone levels, but Im convinced I’m low on estrogen.

I can’t take birth control pills because the fillers or the high progesterone level gave me terrible burning rashes. 

Ughhh 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had an issue with my eyes too. The lids would itch like crazy both top and bottom not I'd wake up with puffiness under my eyes and just a little swelling on top lids. Put it down to makeup also so I changed and did seem to settle a bit.

Never had this problem before.

• Posted

Yes, it's another symptom of perimenopause. Low estrogen. I too had swollen eyes as well, went to my optomologist and also found nothing. Said to stop wearing eye makeup. It helped a little as well, but the itchiness was horrible.

• Posted

I had this too, especially my eyelids. Itchy, red and swollen. I stopped using anything with fragrance and changed to the purest products I could find. I too found that this would flare up cyclically. Another issue I had and still have which is also cyclical is extremely dry eyes to the point where when I wake up I feel like my eyelids are sticking to my eyeballs!
  • Posted

HI, I have gone thru menopause and a year ago I started getting very dry eye.  My eye goes red is really itchy and sore and it last about 5 days...it now happens once every 6 - 8 weeks.  I don't know what causes it... I have to get antibiotic drops and use artificial tears for 5 days before it goes away.  It is so annoying.  If anyone has any tips to stops.  I think it is related to body changes from the menopause...

• Posted

Hi!!

One of my very first symptoms was the swollen eye lids 7 years ago..since then it's long gone!!

i went through all the tests like you and they couldn't find anything..i stopped consuming caffeine sugar and chocolate and worked for me, i noticed so many symptoms disappearsmile 

feel better 

xxxx

• Posted

I too have had swollen, itchy eyelids for the past few months. I am just now putting all my symptoms together as perimenopause. I'm 51 and just now figuring it out even though symptoms are a year or so in the making. It's so nice to hear what other women are going through and it's not just me going crazy.

• Posted

Hi Loriann

I am 51 years old as well but i'm dealing with this craziness for over 7 years now..i thought i was going crazy... my family and my doctor thought i was crazy!! thank god for this side, i've made friends, ladies that i can text and message every time i'm feeling bad and scared and get some support. My dr,every time i talk to him he says that's part of growing old and smiles. 

Feel better

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.