PERIMENOPAUSE SUCKS!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 52 and started Perimenopause a year ago! I am taking Black Cohosh for Hot Flashes (mine aren't bad) and Anxiety (I've never had before in my life and it's bad now), Ginko Biloba for short term memory glitches and Maca sometimes. I am have nausea all the time! I'm hungry and after I eat, nausea....it's getting really irritating. I know we have to just get through this time of our life, but it makes me angry that I feel yucky ALL THE TIME!!! I've never been like this. I've always been energetic, happy, healthy, all good things, even if something bad happens, I'd face it and move on. I want to be my normal self again! Now, I analyze, get anxiety, then I slap myself into reality!!! UGH! Would B12 or B6 help with my nausea? 

The nausea wasn't bad at first, it would be bad after a Hot Flash, but since my flashes aren't that bad, I've been good. Lately, it's been worse and I've tried Coconut Oil, Oregano Oil..but now I'm on TUMS! 

Thank you all for this forum...I empathize will ALL OF YOU!!! 

I'm sending you all

Good Vibes...Good Vibes...Good Vibes...

Tired of feeling yucky all the time!!!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi thesondee smile

do you still get your periods?I'm waiting for mine,I have cysts ,I know my hormones are out of whack.

Your symptoms sound tough sadIn a way it sounds like you've had a pretty good run ,getting into perri only recently.That gives me hope cause I've only recently married again and wish menopause could hold off for a bit.

I had anxiety last year that was snowballing ,it really was praying that calmed me down and stopped that crazy ride.Maybe you could get into the routine of prayer/meditation ,that time out to recollect ?

I'd be interested why you have the nausea and how you can treat it.

Take care.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. It's nice to know that others are going through the symptoms too! Hope you get relief soon. Yes I do get periods for 3 months on 3 months off. 

Have a great day!

• Posted

Hi there

Sorry to hear you are going through such a horrible time ..I'm 51 and have been going through this stage in my life for a while now and the only thing I can say is exercise that's what has helped get me through..I'm a personal trainer and can't state the importance of regular exercise to slow down and even reverse the aging process.. Some things we can't change its the laws of nature..

And I know it's tough I have to kick my own butt most mornings but I know once I have been in that gym I come out feeling great, physically stronger and the anxiety I had has disappeared.. and hot flushes and body aches and pains are reduced.. I never suffered from nausea but I did develop acid reflux which I never had before and found cutting out coffee and sugar in my diet helped.. Also introduced more soya and less meat more fish ..

I hope this helps you and things improve for you ..it's just a case of you trying different things and finding what helps for you..

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you! Yes I really try to excercise. As you said, it's really hard to get up and go!!! Yes, Acid Refulx is a new fun thing! 

Have a great day!

• Posted

Did your nausea coincide with taking the Black Cohosh?  Nausea and stomach upset is one of the side effects. 
    • Posted

No I've been taking it for a year and the nausea didn't start until a few days ago.

• Posted

Am 42 an hav these symptoms its nt nice an i hope we all can get through this with rapid response an back to normal
    • Posted

Hi Wendy, I'm glad to see your number 😉 I was very upset and didn't believe that it could happen at our age. I have started just under 2 years.

Blessings

• Posted

Hi Natallia ! it starts ealier for som i consider us lucky compare to some but u knw wat i hate it . Am nt myself sex is not a feelung anymore just a memory. Trying my best to cope. My dr wats to send me for therapy but drs do nt realise wat we go through unless it happens tp them. Yes i get paranoid anything triggers me of the acid is bad aches an pain , nausea wen it hits is to die instantly an ppl just do nt understand . Am happy to hav u ladies who do understand..take care stay strong..
  • Posted

Hi,

I must agree.. nausea is the WORST!!! 😢😰

Wake up nauseous, Go to bed nauseous, Eat, dont eat still get nauseous! Its horrible.. Peri for a year still regular periods, no hot flashes. Raw ginger and Chamomile tea calms it down, but it still comes and stops me in my tracks. Its true exercise does help, but it takes strong determination to fight through and force your body to exercise when you're already feeling yucky!.. Im doing things the natural way and eating better and body aches head aches fatigue foggy brain are gone, but nausea seems to be my unwelcomed friend.😠😡

• Posted

Thank you!!! We'll get through this.. at least my mom tells me I will...

• Posted

hoping that we all get through this.  What does your mom tell you?, did she feel much better when she reached menopause?  
    • Posted

Yes..she's great now...my aunt had it so bad that she went on hormones. HA HA she told her Dr., she could KILL without remorse!!! HA HA! So, I'm considering myself lucky I don't have it that bad.

• Posted

that's good to know that there is light at the end of the mad tunnel!  you certainly don't feel that there is when you're in it. thanks for that, made my day!!

• Posted

Hi Thesondee,

First, I'm sorry to hear it. It is hard very hard. I'm 43 and the same as you always have been energetic didn't know the word "tired " now is terrible.

Our lovely ladies are saying that Vitamin D- our immune system so definitely start take it and the supplements from the African plant HTR (hope didn't make a mistake ).

I love the forum because always 1 who is there to listen to you.

I'm writing down my symptoms and good advices ? so when my time will come I know what to do.

Have a good day and keep yourself busy it helps me.

Hugs and blessings

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.