Perimenopause Vitamin B supplements

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am in the depths of perimenopause. I am taking 1000 ug of B12 and 100 mg of B6. Is this enough ?

I suffer with doom and gloom every other day. Anxiety heart palpitations on and off . Headaches every day,no energy because of interrupted sleep . Hot flushes off and on etc .....

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle

I feel exactly the same hun. I have now made an appointment with the doctor as I cannot cope with the anxiety. I have never had that in my life. I have lots to be happy about and yet I am miserable and can cry and cry for no reason. I have been taken all vitamins i possibly can and they dont seem to make any difference. I am also taking macafem (herbal medicine i found online at amazon) the first 2 months they helped keep the doom and gloom at bay but not anymore. x

• Posted

Hi Michelle.

i was in exactley that same position as you months ago. 

Suffered for 10 months, sooooooo unhappy. Nothing at all made me happy,

i eventually made an appoitment with a doctor and was per scribed Sertline,

i was extremly Dubois about this medication, read all about it ( googling can make things worse) you have to try it yourself everyone's body reacts differently towards things.........

i however gave this medication a go, and been on this for 8 months & feel loads better.

as for the headaches????? I suffer with migranes and I was getting them an awful lot and was put on Propanolol as a prevention also take Sumertription when I get a migrane!!!!. No hot flushes yet though,

why not go and see your GP and see what they recommend?

carnt hurt to see? And got to be better than suffering!!! 

Sertline will also help with the anxiety!!.

• Posted

Are you taking vit c? Your body needs it to synthesise the bs.

Also worth considering is a good multivitamin and magnesium.

• Posted

I don't know I take some in my multivitamin and if I'm feeling yuk or like I'm going to get a cold I take 1500mg the highest dose I can buy.

I know some b complex has vit c added.

I notice if I don't take any c if I forget the multivitamin then my wee is much more yellow meaning more of the b12 is just going straight through.

• Posted

Hi Michelle

I know exactly how you are feeling as have been feeling pretty much the same as you, I have been feeling like this for a few years now and it seems enless at the moment.

I'm stuggling with exstreme anxiety and imsomia, migraines and severe night sweats and feel absolutely exhausted all the time.

I take paroxtine , which i've been on for a while now, which help with depression and my doctor has also perscribed propanalol to help prevent my magraines.

I'm looking into magnesuim supplements at the moment as they can help with sleeping and headaches and as you know; if you get a good nights sleep, everthing seems a lot better.

I think it might be worth a go as got nothing to lose really. Holland and Barrett do a high stenghth magnesum with calcim and vitamin D, which will help with absoption of calcium.

Maybe it might be something you could look into .

• Posted

Thanks. I take magnesium and calcium combined from Holland and barrett. Also vitamin D3. I am thinking of evening primrose. All these things cost a fortune. The price of getting older 😕
    • Posted

I know, I have a cupboard over stuffed with herbs vitamins I've got over recent years.

I would not like to begin to add the cost of these things up.

• Posted

Hi, Yes I agree with you , the cost of all these product really mounts up . Yes I've heard evening evening promrose is good for hot flushes and night sweats.

I find amazon are quite cheap for this like that.

I'll be interested to hear if it works for you; hopefully it does.

• Posted

Ive been to er twice in one week because of the same symptoms. They finally put me on hydroxyzine which has stopped all symptoms because basically I was having anxiety attacks back to back and didn't know it. I haven't had anymore symptoms since I started the meds

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.