Perimenpause

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anybody tried the mini pill for heavy clotty prolonged periods in perimenopause? I've read that they can help reduce bleeding but cause irregularity.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi love I was lucky enough to just stop and that was it seen nothing since been 3 years but still suffer hot flushes with sickness sad
  • Posted

Hey Sara where can I get that pill and how much is it? I've been bleeding and clotting nonstop fir almost four mths I'm tired of it and so is my hubby!
    • Posted

Hi,

The mini pill is a progesterone only pill which would need to be prescribed by a GP so you would just pay a prescription charge if in the UK. I am not presently on it but have heard that it can help reduce bleeding & it is the pill most suitable for people over 35.

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I was given this to try for 3 months, never helped me so they took me

back of it. Might be different for you though .anything is worth a try.

Good luck hun xx

• Posted

Thank you. I think I will discuss giving them a try with my GP. I have odd periods now I'm in my 40's really heavy & clotty first few days, then they settle down for a couple of days before the bright red blood & clotting starts again out of nowhere. I'm on tranexmic acid but can only take these the first few days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.