Period after 13 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi ladies just wondered if any of you ladies went 12 months without a period and then had one thanku xxx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

I have gone 24 months plus without a period and had one or two more! The chef of obgyn says your body does not know 12 months she says ovaries have eggs that where in there that never dropped yet even though you hadn't had a period in 24 months or so and she did all the test, biopsy and vaginal ultra sounds, pap smears and pelvic all was good and I thought I was meno at the time even the blood work said I wasn't meno and could even have another period i'm 63 now and was 59 at the time so far haven't bleed any! I can't help but believe after failed attempt of biopsies and successful ones shortly after that I developed diverticulsis and had to be on two different antibiotics and such and well now I have to live with this and the antibiotics they give you for it so destroy your insides, and MOST I'm allergic too!

• Edited

Hi Nanette I had this two months ago after 12 months of no periods I suddenly had one! It freaked me out and so I spoke to my GP who referred me for a scan of my womb, uterus and ovaries. The period was light and stopped after about 5 days - I had bad stomach cramps too for a few days and felt generally out of sorts. I felt fine though again after the 5 days or so and the scan was all fine. I've since heard this happens to a lot of women so don't worry, but if you want piece of mind the scan was fine and worth it. Take care Max x

• Edited

hi max thanku si much for replying my anxiety is through the roof at the mo with covid and eveything so smallest thing sets me off i have literally had every symptom and then the flushes eased off a bit then i got the normal cramps associated with a period and then it came not spotting it was like a proper period even had sore boobs this forum has helped me so much talking to other ladies going through the same at the start of my peri about 3 years ago i had an ultrasound and tv all was ok but during this menopause journey you never seem ti stop worrying thankyou again for thr reply xxxx

• Posted

You;re welcome honey - I know exactly what you mean with covid everything seems more heightened. Try not to worry I'm sure your ovaries like mine were just letting you know they are still there (albeit not so active anymore) 😃 Sure all very normal - I also had sore boobs and precisely as you say - all been fine the last few months no more bleeding so far xx

• Posted

thankyou again our little chat has put my mind at rest a little sending hugs xxx it is so hard when you havd no one to talk to thats why this forum is invaluable to me xxxx

• Edited

hi this happened to me also. exactly 12 months of no periods and then one out of the blue. my doctor said this was quite normal and not to worry unless i had more bleeding, i never did

so all good. So please do not worry xx

• Edited

hi this happened to me also. exactly 12 months of no periods and then one out of the blue. my doctor said this was quite normal and not to worry unless i had more bleeding, i never did

so all good. So please do not worry xx

• Edited

hi roxydog this forum has helped me so much just chatting to other ladies going through the same has really helped me my anxiety is through the roof at the mo tankyou again xxxx

• Edited

Yes, I went almost 12 months and then had almost totally normal periods for six months so clearly my body was not ready to give up. Try not to worry. Like another person said our body cannot count 12 months exactly and we all act differently, even though it's all similar experiences.

• Edited

hi sabrina thanku so much for replying talking to you ladies has helped me so much on this looooong journey my anxiety is really through the foof at the mo especially eith this virus its so hard to function normally xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.