Period being weird, elevated tsh and testosterone. Would like some insight please

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi. starting march my doctor lowered my thyroid dosage to 70 from 100 mcg and i tested in june and my thyroid was elevated to 7.4. i take spironilactone and metformin for pcos and i stopped taking metformin in may because i had trouble getting refills. in june my testosterone came back elevated as well. during this time my period was being very irregular to the point where my cycle became 19 days . i started back on my correct medications end of june and in july i had my period and exactly 19 days later this week i spotted for a couple days with some mild bleeding. now am i bleeding in between my periods? or would this be counted as a period? is myperiod messed up due to me not being on the right dose for thyroid and not taking metformin?

sorry for spelling

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

@bri96 It is so funny that i just so happened to run across your post! A week ago this past Sunday, I upped my Thyroid medication. Exactly a week after I started the new dose, I started bleeding! I bled heavily for three straight days with severe cramping. I was on about day 16 of my cycle! I am not sure if it was related to me upping the Nature Throid or not but now that I seen your post, it makes me wonder??!

• Posted

omg thats crazy! lol ive been bleeding for the past 3 weeks sometimes it stops sometimes it doesnt . im sure its because of our thyroid now that youre also experiencing the same thing. did you tell your doctor??

• Posted

@bri96 I called her to see what she thought and she didnt seem to think it was from the medicine but then again she said everyone is different?! I had to see my GYN doctor today and he said it very well could have been the medicine. Who knows but it really makes sense to me 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.