Period coming every two weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi wonder if someone is able to shed some light on what is happening with me.

I've just turned 41. in February I suddenly lost my mum she was only 60, I had a period as normal and then they stopped for 2 months and came back as normal, I put it down to stress because of what happened. in September I come on but afterwards I still didn't feel right as my boobs were still hurting and I came on again 12 days later a day before I renewed vows which was annoying, and since then they've been every two weeks!!! I've come out in spots and feel horribly bloated.

I don't take any pills as I'm allergic or am I on anything hormonal based. I've been ready and I keep seeing stuff like pre menopause, is this likely?

I will be making a doctor appointment this week.

thanks for reading

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

stress can cause your cycle to go a bit crazy i went to a doctor to discuss this when i started getting 2 periods a month i was going threw quite a rough time im 38 and also thought it could be peri menopause i was told it wouldnt start till my 40s and not to worry i had an examination and scan as it went on for a good 4 months they couldnt find nothing wrong my periods have gotten less and less they was lasting 7 days now they only last 4 with days 1 and 2 being the heaviest the 2 periods a month have now stopped and i just back to having one so im pretty sure that it was stress that caused it i would go to a doctors to see if they can find an explanation everyone is different so i cant say yes stress is the cause for u but it my case thats wat it was i hope u get some answers

• Posted

i was also told that u can have bleeding during ovulation aswel thats considered to be normal

• Posted

hello.. im 43 and recently experienced something similar. after a 21 day period, i decided it was time to get checked. i had all kids of test done and i was diagnosed with endometriosis. i was just put on progesterone to control the bleeding.

• Posted

Ask your doctor for some blood tests to check your hormone levels.

If you don't already take them, I would recommend vitamin D and B12. They are good for your hormones and immune system. Also try and cut down or avoid sugary foods, caffeine and alcohol, they can affect your hormones negatively, make you more bloated and affect your skin. Dairy can also be bad for hormonal acne. Paula's choice anti redness exfoliating solution is very good for those painful deep spots, it is quite expensive, but the best treatment I have found.

Try and get some therapy for your wellbeing, a lot of what can happen to our bodies can be down to stress and anxiety. If you can get ways of managing it well, you can often see improvements in your health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.