Period Cramps

Posted , 1 user is following.

What are some ways to get rid of cramps? On the first day of my cycle, I poop nonstop every 5 minutes. I can take pain medicine but my cramps are so severe that it causes me to Vomit. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I used to have this same problem. I fainted numerous times because the pain was so severe. I HIGHLY recommend going on birth control. It literally changed my life. I can now function like a normal girl when on my period. If that is not a possibility for you, my doctor used to recommend I take 3 ibuprofen at the onset of period cramps and then 2 more every 4 hours. But do not do this unless your doctor says it is okay. Heating pads work wonders as well. You might want to get your iron checked as well. A lot of women have low iron and this will contribute to horrible period cramps.
    • Posted

Thank you. What type of birth control do you recommend (pills, IUD, or what)?
    • Posted

I started out on Tri-Previfem, a low-dosage, mild birth control pill. It helped for a couple years but I started to notice cramps getting worse again so I switched. I am now on Azurette, a stronger pill that also gives a hormone dose during my period to lessen them. Just tell your doctor that your cramps are unbearable and you'd like to go on birth control. They'll recommend a method that fits what you need. I just warn against the depo shot because everyone I know who has used that method gets very sick and experiences a lot of weight gain. I go with the pills because I feel it's the most natural!

• Posted

My doctor also offered to prescribe me a pill that only has you experience a period once every three months!!! If that would interest you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.