Period for a day then nothing....Peri related?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Ladies, Hope this post finds you all well and coping with all things Peri??? I've been not too bad over the last couple of months although the humidity here in Sydney has near been the death of me, apart from the odd hot flush & nausea everything seemed to be going ok...2 weeks ago I started what I thought was my period, had the cramps, nausea, headache and the bleeding but it all stopped the next day, since then I have had the odd intense cramp, headaches & nausea but no bleeding...is this all part of Peri too??? Hope you ladies can advise. Take care everyone, Anna :-)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Anna

It sounds as if it could be, ireegular periods are one of the first signs, it was for me, i was pretty regular and suddenly went to spotting for days and not having a proper period. One month it was on and off the whole month and then nothing for say six weeks. Everyone is different in how it affects our periods. Nausea was pretty much part of my peri too and caffeine seemed to make it worse! In my experience peri gave me little snippets of all the symptoms! I advise you to read up on what they are so at least you know that it is peri related and you dont get health anxiety like i did! Menopause can feel a scary lonely place for some, so the more you know about it the better x

• Posted

Hi pinkcatfairy, Thanks so much for your reply. I kind of guessed that it could be peri related, just wanted to make sure and put my mind at rest. I been in peri for nearly 3 years and have looked at the list of symptoms that was posted on this site, have a few of the main ones and just when you think you know what's going on another strange symptom crops up...gotta love it!!! Periods weren't too bad to start off with when Peri started, coming every 4 or so weeks and lasting for about 2 weeks, then I went for about 3 months without a period, this is the first time I bled for just a day and then stopping...kind of freaked me out but realise it's just part of the peri journey... Thanks again for your reply. Take care x
    • Posted

Thanks, yes although i knew my symptoms were peri related i still thought it was something else, i suppose that's what they mean health anxiety, i thought i would be ok but did find myself worrying with every new symptom! Take care x
  • Posted

Hi Anna,I'm going through one those periods myself,I ve had a bit of spotting but all the cramps,back ache,headache,nausea and heightened anxiety !! I spoke to my doctor and she said its normal peri.I feel much better when I have a normal period.I know it horrible,just try to keep calm hang on,one day we will be over this.Take care x
    • Posted

Hi Fudgeybear, Thanks for your reply. I know exactly how you feel,don't you just hate the acne....I'm 51 and getting acne all over...what's wrong with that picture? I kind of feel more normal when I have a "normal" period but honestly with peri there is no such thing as normal lol I know we are all riding on the peri rollercoaster ride from hell but I also know we'll all get through it and like you said just one day at a time. Take care Fudgeybear x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.