Period - help x

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

Just a quick question.

How does everyone manage with their periods and LS? Just wondering if anyone can relate to me with severe pain when applying and removing tampons? The pain is not just on the outside from the fusing and shrinking of vaginal entrance; it's inside as well?

It feels as if it is very dry and tight inside and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this? I believe LS is just on the outside of the vagina and does not affect inside only the entrance of the vagina. So I was just wondering if anyone knew if this pain and dryness is due to the LS or related to another issue? I have considered bringing vaginal atrophy but I am only 21?

Due to all of this I am having to use sanitary towels as tampons are now impossible. Too painful. Just wondered if anyone could recommend good sanitary towels as I am suffering with soreness and irritation due to 'sitting in my period'. I change the sanitary towels often but because I am so heavy I still get the soreness.

I also find sanitary towels demoralising. I started my periods when I was around 9 so have been having them for around 11 years. I started using tampons from the age of 14/15 and now at 21 I am having to now use sanitary towels again. I find this hard to deal with mentally because I feel like I'm a child again and its uncomfortable. I feel uncomfortable in public and with my job it includes a lot of walking around which makes the sanitary towel rub me and it's sore and uncomfortable. I don't want to have to get a sick note every period because I want to be at work but I just don't feel comfortable walking around wearing sanitary towels.

Any advice welcome!

Thanks,

Molly. X

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was actually going to start a discussion thread about this! I just tried something different with my last period and it was a GAME CHANGER. It's by a company called SoftDisc. It was the most comfortable period item I've ever used. And I just finished my period and don't have any of the irritation from pads since I didn't need them. They sell them at most grocery stores in America, and there's a similar online subscription company called Flex Rings. But I can't recommend these enough. Check them out!

• Posted

I am based in the United Kingdom, do you know of any UK based alternatives? X

• Posted

As far as I can tell they're available in the UK. It looks like you can get them from Amazon in the UK also.

• Posted

hi molly, the uk version is called "moon cup" they sell them in boots. its a solicone cup you insert into the vagina. i really wouldnt use sanitary towels, they really itritate the skin but if you have to use them then buy some 100% organic cotton sanitary towels, i know they do them in hollands and barrets. you can also get 100% cotton tampons from there too, i found it too uncomfortable to insert any tampons when i am flaring up badly, is the treatment you are on working? i dont have any issues when my LS is under control. before i was diagnosed tampons felt very uncomfortable and burning. blood can irritate the skin so i would try to avoid it coming in to contact with your skin at all costs so i would consider taking the mini pill where you dont bleed at all. i hope this helps xx

• Posted

I should point out these are not the reusable cups. I've tried those also and found them very uncomfortable to insert and remove. These are one time use and a different shape than the reusable cups.

• Posted

ahh ok i never heard of those, only the re-usable ones. what are the differences do you find?

• Posted

Hello Molly

I had the same problem although i am alot older 54!! I was having heavy periods my GP suggested mini pill which gives light periods. In my case has stopped them which has helped immensley. She also suggested Mirena coil. i do use organic panty liners( which are stocked in most Uk stores plus tampons. also some ladies on here have suggested the cups. A few options to think about! Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.