Period Irregularity after Lapooscopic Myomectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 13 days post up and my period is supposed to be due in another 1.5-2 weeks. However, I have been having cramps and brown discharge (sorry if tmi) for 2 days. I have been having some irregular periods off and on for about 6 months, but just curious if anyone has experienced them post surgery. I'm not sure what to expect. Although I have heard a lot of people have heavy periods, at least initially I don't know if it is coming early...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for typos. I can't figure out how to edit.

• Posted

Hi corr jo

I am hoping to have a Laprascopic Myomectomy. Can I ask.

Did you have to agree to. Total Open Hysterectomy before you was allowed the procedure?

I don't know the answer to your question but I did have brown discharge after UFE and I didn't know if it was bits of Fibroid coming away.

Anyway hope you have a fast recovery

• Posted

You are very early in your recovery and are still healing. I was warned by my consultant that it could take 3-4 months before my cycle settles and that I could experience anything from light to heavy periods. My cycle came on time and the first 2 months have been heavy and painful but a slight improvement as each month passes. I had my surgery on the 11th April, so I still consider that my body needs time to heal internally despite the laparoscopic surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.