Period/labour pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

anyone else got terrible dragging pains? I feel like I'm early labour or terrible period pains. I'm peri. And had an ovary and tube removed late last year. Periods have been regular and heavy since. Except the last one. I had these pains for week prior period, during (but for some reason, only bled for two days, instead of 5) and have had these pains since and this is a week or two weeks after...?...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Twizzle

I read your post and had a flashback sad I had these pains every month for about 2 years before asking to be referred to a gyni. My pain was caused by endo and cysts in womb linin. I had a ablation (womb lining removed) and a coil inserted last August . So far so good for the pain and very light periods (though low libido sad ). Go back to GP , the pain is awful.

• Posted

Thank you Cathy. I've now booked doctors for Monday. Hope health is in your favour now x

• Posted

Hi Twizzle

Not sure if I'm qualified to answer this as even though I have a lot of menopausal symptoms I'm still not sure I'm going through it.confused

I have cramp pains as though I'm going to bleed way before I'm due, then it's really bad when I'm bleeding then eases off when I've finished but still niggling there. This could of course be the fault of my fibroids which are due for eviction on the 7th April, can't come soon enough sad

• Posted

Dear Twizzle3... I am 52 and started missing periods July 2016. I would skip a month or two or more and than have a period. I just got my period again today. My last period I had was in Nov 2016. I have the pains you are having too. Mine are much heavier than they use to be. This is normal. We get to have a myriad of symptoms that come and go and linger. FUN... NOT!!! Even when I do not get my period I have this cramping. I always had 7 day cycles. Now, when I do have a period, it may last two, three or five days. I recently had a follow up with my gyno and she said it is normal. I also get excruciating migraines now whenever I get my period. I had a saliva test and have low progesterone and cortisol. Was prescribed Progesterone. Estrogen levels are normal. The progesterone has helped with insomnia and joint pain but still do not feel like myself. I hope this puts you at ease. Hope you feel better (((Hugs))) 
    • Posted

I've suffered with migraine for years but this past year or so they've been much more frequent. Luckily I'm prescribed with Sumotriptan, wonder drug, best and only thing that works cheesygrin

• Posted

hi Lisa Ann 

many thanks for your response. Sorry to hear your ordeal. Although does restore a little faith. I've given up with doctors as they make you feel mad x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.