Period late?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, I am around about 6-7 days late for my period, my last one was two days late also. Pregnancy is not the case (I am always always careful and I have taken 3 test, all negative). My cycle is normally 28 days give or take a day, so this is the main reason I’m concerned as my periods are pretty regular. The last month I have been doing my uni exams which have of course caused me a lot of stress, so my main thought is stress has delayed it? Also I’m stressing even more because I have an holiday booked next month and the last thing I want is to be on my period then. I keep getting the ‘just relax’ but I’m a natural stresshead :’), so is this delay most likely to be stress? I have been having the usual pms symptoms, just no sign of bleeding yet.

Any opinions will be appreciated, thanks! (Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I’ve only just joined)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think if it only a once of things might be down to ur stress and sleeping habit . Do drink som beer and might help to relax and get the period out , iam going on holiday next week and thank goodness my period came this week so i really know how you feel. 

If not u can use amour care to help the period come regular .

Hui

• Posted

Thanks! Yeah I’m just one of those people who constantly google things and worries about something 24/7, i feel like it’s definitely a one off, and it’s just a coincidence it happens to be late when I had my holiday planned out haha. Thanks a lot smile
  • Posted

Stress mught cause delay of your period. My last period was delayed for a week because of stress. So no worries. 
  • Posted

Update- period has still not shown I’m over 9-10 days late now, I’ve taken 6 hpt’s and all strongly negative. As mentioned previously I have been under a lot of stress since my last cycle so I’m just going to have to wait it out.
  • Posted

UPDATE- 13 days later and AF has arrived, stress was definitely the cause of the delay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.