Period Pain/Trapped Wind?

Posted , 6 users are following.

For a few days now, I've had a trapped wind/period pain around my pubic bone. I've had it before but everytime I get it, it gets me down and makes my anxiety soar.

For months my poor bowels have been upset. I've had mainly constipation, almost as if my digestion has gone on holiday and everything's slowed down. My piles are having a great time so I take Macrogol when needed.

I can't tell though if it's a period pain, (given how upside down my cycle is), or if it's more of a wind problem. It feels more period related though but it's hard to tell. Has anyone else had this or know what I'm talking about?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya Gee yeah I get this too and am struggling as i write. Quite sharp windy pains by pelvic bone and slowed digestion/constipation. Ramps up the anxiety no end!!!

Like the other ladies lying flat or going for a walk helps as does upping water intake.

Just seems to always be something going on!!

• Posted

your right, everything has a knock on effect of everything else, its because of how it effects the nervous system, so, all our other systems in the body are then affected, its, trying to keep hold of the balance by, recognising whats going on at the time, putting it right, hoping  to re balance things, hit and miss isnt it. 
    • Posted

I'm going to try lying flat. I usually go for a walk. I hate the anxiety though cause it makes it so hard to function. It takes my body so long to come down from anxiety. It leaves me so jittery and shaky. Oh the joys of being a woman.
    • Posted

I feel for you, that is what happens to me. If I bend forward too quickly, I feel awful, sickly sometimes too. My anxiety gets so bad that I can't focus, etc. I just want to scream sometimes. 

Our pooches will love extra walks. Even if I need the loo even more, I'm happy to drink more water. Anything to help. Thanks louise.

• Posted

hi girls

when im lying down i get a very uneasy feeling sometimes and then if i get up and sit theres a series of loud burps ( which my family is fed up of ) and then i feel better

• Posted

That is trapped gas. When I lye down I feel I it start moving. Then of course, I will either burp or pass it out the other end. Not very pleasant, but better out than in.
    • Posted

Hopefully that will work for me too. Problem is, it's always from the other end, if I've had trapped wind before but hubby is used to that by now, (not happy about it but understands lol). I need to get more out and quicker to relieve how I feel instead of enduring it for days at a time. I think an overall of my diet could help, just need to pick the right foods. Thanks gentleballads.
    • Posted

I know I said my trapped gas was gone, well last night it came back a little worse. Sometimes I think I might have a hernia. It really scares me. My sadness and worry got bad last night because I kept thinking it was a hernia. I do have a very enlarged uterus with a ton of fibroids. I saw that someone asked you about that. I wonder if all that can cause trapped gas, cramping, pelvic and abdominal pain, hip and low back pain and groin pain?? I am just so over this. I know we all are. Silly thing is, I had a great day yesterday and I thought "wow am I finally out of the woods " guess not. Hope we all get some relief from all this

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie

The fibroids i dont think can cause trapped wind, but i could be wrong, the pelvic pain due to fibroids can cause severe pain in the back, front and hip area due to pressure on surrounding nerves, what you could do with debbie, is an ultrasound scan to put your mind at ease, But what you need to know is, the size of the biggest fibroid, from, when you were first diagnosed with them, and the size now, being on peri to check for growth!!   Mine, when i developed them, was 4cm, that was the biggest one out of 3, the others never grew, and one shrunk completely, the other stayed at 3cm,  during perio the remaining one, grew to a large 8cm which, then went on to cause bad problems for me which ive discussed wtih you before, cant remember if i said, that there are different types of fibroids, mine are the type that grow from the inside of the womb, so, are on the womb itself, and there are others that grow from inside the womb again but, on stalks with the fibroid attached at the end of this stalk, now these can herniate, but im not saying this is you, because you dont know without a scan!

I do sometimes get hernia type pain, but i dont get it in my groin which, is making me think that that is your womb. This is me, the hernia type pain, is on my right hand side, not as high as the appendix, but low enough sometimes, to make me think it was the womb also, but i now know it wasnt my womb, it was my bowel, and you will find this on yyour right hand side, sometimes i can get it on the left as well.   When i go to the toilet with this pain,  for a pee, it can be pretty bad and this is when i notice it the most, and when i then come to stand after peeing, its sharp as if ive over stretched something inside, so i go to lie down for a few mins,, it then feels like cramping period pain, which again, use to make me think its my womb then, but when i press it in hold it for  a second, release it, then its bad again, but then with little rest it goes, but movement can trigger it off especially stretching, and going the loo, because its my bowel.

My dr told me this was tension in the bowel, or, bladder, but its caused by, very slow dijestion due to menopause, it then causes the same to happen in the bowels and bladder, so they also bloat, and cause constipation, and masses of gas due to the bloating etc, the pain  comes and goes.  Does it sound like that to you??

For slow dijestion all you can do is lie down flat for 30 mins after eating, to send the food through quicker, also, drink water 30 mins before a meal, try not to drink during a meal, or sip it if you become dry, and sip water after, but lie immediately after your main meal, you will know its going in slow, because you bloat up straight away, I know you cant do this at work, but you can do it after your main evening meal, to avoid it further,, you also need to eat little and often, because the more you put it in the worse your symptoms become.

The womb, bowels and bladder are all int he pelvis, protected by the large pelvic bones, if you have fibroids that are growing during peri, and you cant be sure its that, without a scan, it will cause inflammation, which, inturn, upon exertion, will then aggravate the other two organs, they knock together due to having the enlarged womb, but, because your pain is in the womb and groin area, its throwing me as to what it could be, so, if it is this instead,  focus on, trying to slow the growth down, and control the inflammation, like in my last letter, but without that scan, you cant know for sure what is causing it, growing fibroids, or, slow dijestion affecting the bowels etc.

Let me know what you think.   

• Posted

Sorry to hear you feel so bad Debbie. My stomach has ached today and the anxiety is flooding back as I type. I've felt nauseous more than normal too so again, my mind is all over the place. Fibroids can cause discomfort and it makes you feel worse than you already do. Your enlarged uterus could add to your pain and discomfort too. I'm not a doctor but I do know of a few people who have hernias that aren't serious and need no surgery, etc, so hard as it is, try not to worry. I'd even bet that you haven't got one anyway and it's the other things that are making you like this. When I have a good day now, it's spoiled by me thinking that the bad ones will come back and make me feel rubbish. We can't win can we. Fingers crossed you feel better soon Debbie x.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.