Period pains and no period ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I am on here again . Another problem to add . I have recently from a stomach / flu bug and have been feeling very low . I was due on a week ago , but as yet nothing apart from a bad head . Today though my back aches and I keep getting sharp pains as if my period is going to start . I 51 and have been having peri symptoms for over 3 years now and I never know where I am with my periods anymore . Are these pains normal or should I be worried . The thing is I worry about everything and get myself in such a state . Ive even questioned the flu Ive just had like is it my gallbladder or something else and now I feel rough again . Last week my husband basically said that I was a hypocondriac , so I cant mention this . What do I do ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I keep getting period pains without bleeding it's weird. My hubby is like that to I try to ignore him as they have no idea what we are going through. I started the patch 2 weeks ago so think the pains might be that I'm hoping they get better. My anxiety is awful to which really don't help. Take care hun x

• Posted

Please don't worry. I am exactly the same. Had a very bad flu. Then period pains and no period. Then I had some blood for say then stopped. I wish I could have proper period after going through such pain. It feels like period makes relax. But there isn't such thing during perimenapause. Both body & mind are in turmoil!

• Posted

I FORGOT TO ADD THAT MY HEAD FEELS A BIT SWIMMY IF THAT MAKES SENSE ? I AM SO OVER ALL THIS AND THE NAUSEA . I REALLY THINK I MUST HAVE SOMETHING LIFE THREATENING TO BE THIS BAD . DO I GO BACK TO THE DOCTOR OR WILL THEY THINK , NOT HER AGAIN ?

• Posted

My last cycle was a nightmare. I had a week and a half of period cramps off and on before I actually got my period. Period was very late.

• Posted

Hi jane, i am almost 48, i keep having period pains and spotting. I went 68 days with no period then a 5 day heavy period and i have spotted since for 28 days. I get period pains most days and like you anxiety through the roof. I get odd sharp pains too and end up googling and make myself worse. It is normal and i keep telling myself this but, i am going to make an appointment to see my GP if it goes on another week xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.