Period pains?? SO BAD

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey ladies,

5 days prior to my period i had severe cramps which led me to leave a nightclub and straight to the toilet for number 3 (D--------)

I got my period today, and now I am feeling SOOOO nauseated with body aches and sore neck

Does anyone else get this ?? sad 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Aussie ~

While it's been a  number of years of having my cycle, I do recall those days oh, too well.  My daughter's unfortunately, also have hard times.  What do you currently do to help with these symptoms?  I used to put a warm wet cloth on the back of my neck and it helped.  My daughters also soak in the tub for a while in very warm water and that' helps.  Maybe it just relaxed us but in any case, it did help.  Have you discussed this with your GP?

Perhaps a discussion with them is something you may want to do soon.  There are a few meds that can help combat off the nausea and cramping.

Good luck and let me know how you're coming along

Frustrated

• Posted

I heard that young girls and young adults are effected the most while on their cycle ? 

But last night I went from being extremely hungry, so I ate a little meal because I didn't want to overwhelm my stomach with a massive dinner... 

I felt bloated/ gassy/ hungry / hunger pains / nausea/ pains every where until from 11pm- 5:30am! 

I was drinking peppermint tea to ease my stomach along with a diluted soda drink with bits of ginger through it.. Didn't really work.. But it settled down alot 

This only happens like once every 5 months.. But along with my IBS I don't know what's what symptom anymore sad 

Thankyou for your help 

- J 

• Posted

Aww sorry to hear this Aussie.  A good cold ginger-ale helps me with the nausea, but , if you're feeling hungery so soon after eating, maybe you should get your blood checked for possible hypoglycemia or anemic?

And about the girls and young adults having pain, it only makes sense! I wish you could get into your GYN to see if they can shed light on your symptoms.  I had to have a few D&C's in my late 20s early 30s.  That seemed to help control the heavy bleeding.  But, I did have some fibroid tumors inside my uterus and it was pressing the walls of my uterus and it was actully telling my body that it's time for a period again.  Even if I had one 2 weeks prior, it would inevitably start back up until eventually, I was having random periods any time the fibroids got a bit larger.  That's another thought, possibly?

Hope all is well soon for you!

Frustrated

• Posted

I've noticed it always worsens during before and a couple of days after...

Thankyou so much for your help.

All the best 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.