Period Problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, I have been on birth control for about nine months. The first few months were bumpy: I was missing pills, forgetting them, and was being just plain lazy. However, the other half, I've gotten really good with them. I take them every night, on the dot, or within an hour or so than when I usually do. 

A little bit over a month from now, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex that led to him finishing inside. We've done it before, but always got a morning after pill. This time, we decided to rely on the pills I've been taking. The thought process was, why am I paying and taking them for us to just get plan b? So, we let things take its course. 

A week later was supposed to be my period. But, here's the thing, I managed to miss a pill for the first time in months in that week. The day after that missed pill, my period started out of nowhere, with somewhere around a half week of pills to take. I finished out the week, but with a weird on and off period. I went my placebo week with an on and off period. It was light some days, heavy others. I've read up that implantation bleeding is light, like spotting. Most of the time it was similar to spotting, while there were a couple of times it was like my periods. I was scared that I was pregnant, so I took a test. Negative. At the end of the week of placebos, I took another. Negative. A week later: Negative. I let it go and let my anxiety go. I wrote it off that since there were times that it was so heavy, the egg was probably in there somewhere. 

Fast forward to now. It is Monday, I start my pills on Wednesdays, and I usually start my period 2-3 days when I start the placebo pills. I am so anxious that I think I may be giving myself nausea and diarrhea, however, that is also a symptom of early signs of pregnancy. I'm supposed to get more pregnancy tests tomorrow, but I know those can also be wrong. I'm scared and I don't know what is happening to my body. 

What do you think is happening? Is the stress jacking up my hormone levels? Or is it possible from missing that one pill that I became pregnant and I'm already a month in?

Please help. I am so anxious I can't think of anything else, but thank you greatly for your time. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I dont know much about the pill as ive never been on them but the stress from a pregnancy scare can also delay a period.  I had a pregnancy scare a couple months ago when I thought my bf had ejaculated in me & I thought he was lying to me when he said he didnt ejaculate in me lol I literally felt dizzy & nauseous & I was cramping I was so worried that I was actually pregnant I was about to take a test until that day I randomly got my period. Also you do not want to take a pregnancy test too early bc it wont be accurate you would want to take the test after you have missed your expected period ! 

• Posted

& as for spotting if it was a full flow then it could have been period bc that isn’t spotting

• Posted

Its for missing your pill. I didnt exactly miss a pill i took kt 2 hours later than usual and it messed up my period big time. I hate pills. You should try mirena or nexplanon or depo shot if your forgetful and they are better at preventing pregnancy then your pill
  • Posted

Since then, I have taken three more pregnancy tests at home. All turned up negative. I still have a week and a half of my pills. 

However, as of late, my nipples have been sore, along with yesterday, I had quite a bit milky discharge. I'm worried that was leukorrhea. I have had a couple of cramps, that feel like period cramps, but that could also all be in my head. 

Do you guys think I should go get a blood pregnancy test? I'm just absolutely terrified of giving blood, so I think I've been pushing it off. That, or should I just wait until my next period? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.