Period symptoms but no bleed

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi  I'm 50 and periods have been a bit up and down the last few months but this month I have had all the symptoms but no bleed is this normal 

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sue yes I've had this before, it's like you go to the toilet expecting there to be some blood but nothing!
  • Posted

Hi Sue, I too am 50 and am currently about 8 days overdue and my PMT symptoms have been worse and more prolonged this time. I am still getting dreadful bloating and a burning stomach, plus tender boobs and terrible weepiness. My periods have been pretty much regular to the day, except for one this time last year when I was 3 weeks late. Then fine until this January / February, when I had 4 normal ones about 2 weeks apart.

This year I have noticed that some of the low back pain I normally didn't get til about day 3 or 4, just before the heavy bleeding started, can now start creeping in as early as a week before any hint of bleeding occurs. Right now there are lower back twinges and a bit of a headache.

Reading the posts in this forum I guess what we're experiencing is pretty normal for some women at this time of life.

Deep joy!

• Posted

Hi Sue yes pretty much normal, i spent a few years going through the most horrible pre menapause symptoms, by the time i got to the no period stage but period symptoms things did actually improve for me. You find you skip a whole month then have a light period, the gap lengthens before you have no periods at all, they reckon you go a whole year without one then you have reached the menapause. I was pretty late before i stopped getting periods altogether, 56 infact. Yes i had the hot flushes ect but oh the freedom of no more heavy periods and feeling as though i couldnt leave the house was a treasure. The feelings of anxiousness didnt actually hit me till much later like the pass year, im 64 now.

Sue

• Posted

Hi Sue 

during my 10 year peri ( no hrt) i too had this - symptoms and no period.

also in early post menopause  - this can happen - i got the symptoms like PMS - emotional - etc 

i am age 51 now - almost 2 years post meno and all has been fine lately 

jay x

• Posted

Good morning from NJ Sue!

yes you sound like your having normal peri symptoms. Since I turned 51nothing became normal anymore. My once regular periods stopped being predictable. Will be 53 end of September, still getting my periods. This week it is due and my joints ache like I have arthritis (which I don't). Last month my boobs got sore after my period instead of before lol. Every month is different and occasionally I will skip a month. Last year I had a horrible year with anxiety and feeling like I was dying but vitamin supplements have helped me to have a better year this year. Our bodies are going through a huge change. Some fly right through it with no side effects and others are no so lucky! Hope this eases your mind. Have a great day!

• Posted

Nancy

have you ever had your Vit D checked 

i was very achey and i had the. Vit D blood test and was deficient 

since may i take 2200iu D3 a day and the aches are gone ..

i use to have knee pain, and achilles stiffness etc ..

my daughter age 24 had her levels checked and low and behold shes insuffiecient too .. her doc gave her 20,000iu D3 one a week

jay x

• Posted

Jayneejay

yes I did about 1 1/2 months ago and it was fine and I was taking a vit D3 supplement. Doc said I could cut back so I take it every other day now. I don't get achy too often. This is the first time in awhile that I've felt like this smile

• Posted

Oh thats good 

its awful when the body feels stiff and achey 

i feel better since finding out and supplementing properly 

jay x

• Posted

Well thanks to you and this forum I started taking supplements about a year ago. Took some time but definitely started feeling better which eliminated my anxieties! Sooo thank you Jayneejay!
    • Posted

Nancy 

i am post meno and the flushes returned real severe ..

i ended up taking a low dose Escitalopram only 5mg a day 

And the severe 20plus hot flushes have gone and the little anxious times have gone too.

i always said no to anti depressants but didnt realise very low lose ( not for depression ) helps body and is the new HRT .. ( dor none HRT users) 

also geen taking since May and i have never felt better 

still take my mega B 100 complex daily and Kelp etc 

jay x

• Posted

Sorry for typos ..

should say ( for none HRT users ) 

& been taking since May 😳

jay x

• Posted

I feel like my old self again now 

brill 😃

doc suggested 10mg Escitalopram a day but i started with 5mg and stayes with it as it was suiting me ..

never looked back 

jay x

• Posted

I had 3 bulging back discs in Feb and reoccurring shingles ..

was quite poorly .. Kept getting shingles monthly 

so the Escitalopram has helped body relax and touch wood no shingles back since either ..

last summer in the spanish heat - out the blue - i had terrible severe flushes return ( had none for years ) they subsided in winter months but returned this year in May so thats when i tried Escitalopram ..

we have had 40 plus degreea here daily ( heatwave ) and no hot flushes 

brill .. They stopped two weeks after taking 5mg Escitalopram ..

jay x

• Posted

I'm still in peri and rarely get a hot flush. When I do It weakens me so much that I have to lay down. I imagine I still have a ways to go and will probably suffer more side effects but I'll deal with it however I have to when that comes smile
    • Posted

Hi Jay sorry you have had such a rotten time of it, i know of someone else who got the hot flushes back after being without for years to. made a note of the 5mg Escitalopram ..Knew you would come up with something to help us.

Sue x

• Posted

😃

its taken the anxiety away too .. Seems to help no end for me ..

feel quite like my old self again ..

taken years but got there .. 

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.