Period will not stop 😂😂😂

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello - am just having a terrible time and wonder if anyone else is or has experienced what I am going through.

I am 49 and my period will not stop .  Was so happy as my period had stopped for five months and about 15 days ago I started spotting - this went on for about a week and then I started with a very heavy period which lasted for about three days - it got lighter but now I still keep wiping pink - am so concerned - will it ever stop - is this normal?  I just feel terrible all over - sore joints; mild constipstion; breast pain; shoulder and back pain, digestive problems; it just does not end.  

Any feed back would be most appreciated - I am just so anxious and concerned right now.

Have a great evening!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello ges I had this in peri, i had a few heavy periods and then constant spotting, it is quite distressing i know to see this endless light bleed when we are used to regular normal periods. If you are worried, for peace of mind get it checked but it sounds like a normal peri symptom x
    • Posted

Hello - thanks for letting me know I am not the only one going through this challenging time.  It is just so stressful not knowing what is normal and what is not.  I saw my doctor today - she claims it is all normal and had me do a urine test (shows as normal) and is sending me for a pelvic ultrasound. 

Hope your day is going well.

• Posted

HI I a must 53 and started the perimenopause last January. I took had a period tha lasted 15+ days. I was getting concerned after this so went to see my gp. She said that it was called a rogue period and was a absolutely normal. She said that the hormone balance goes crazy and this causes the lining of the womb to become thicker then normal so when you do have a period it takes ages for the lining to come away.

i hope this helps. X 

• Posted

I had this too!!! I had basically spotted a whole month and it seemed like it was gone them bam went into a period! Ughhhhh I wear a pad constantly because you just don’t know what’s going to happen it’s so annoying all these symptoms but for me the periods are the worst I get bad cramps always have my best description of perimenopause it’s like going thru puberty and being pregnant at the same time...my other symptoms come and go and I can handle them but I wish the periods were just go away already they also come at the worst times ighhh we all are in this together 
  • Posted

Progesterone cream would most likely help that. Since I’ve started it I no longer get long periods and no more in between or long spotting. 
  • Posted

Snap!!!! I am also 49 and am going through the same. No period for 5/6 months and am now having my heaviest period i've had in years! 12 days now with cramps and heavy bleeding(clots too). It has lightened off today and I have left sided pain today too😔... cramps, lower back pain and digestive problems😢 really fed up!

• Posted

Hello - so sorry to hear you are also going through this terrible time.  This period thing is so disturbing and has me so stressed.  How much longer can this possibly go on?  I also have cramping and left sided pain - feels so terrible.  Am going to see my doctor this afternoon - hopefully she can provide some much needed advice.  So hard always feeling not good.

Wishing you a wonderful afternoon!!  Take care 🌹🌹

• Posted

Meandbelle, good luck at the Doctors, if he gives you any advice or info on the pain, maybe you would let us know? It really is so draining! I am at the stage now, I have no interest in activities or going places. Best wishes to you x
  • Posted

Hi meandbell, your periods will stop when the time is right for that...I never thought mine would ever stop with all the clotting and gushing they were so heavy, but it does slow down with time and diminish ok don't worry it's when they stop the meno fun starts Lol.

• Posted

Yes!!  I had mine for over two weeks and it drove me insane..   This happened last Dec. so I'm thinking it was due to stress..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.