Periods

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 52 and have been having menopausal symptoms for about 3years.my last period was November.can I expect them to come back and catch me unawares or will I just have spottings.i would appreciate any feedback because I haven't got any family that has gone through it naturally.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda

I am going the natural route, no HRT... and I am in almost year 9 of peri..

my experience is yes.. you could well have a period and it catch you unawares..

or you could be lucky and have no more... I only had two periods in 2013 and three in 2012.. my last was Aug last year.. ( my PMT on my last one Aug 13 was horrific, headaches very severe lasting 4 days day and night, and feeling very very sick) all different in severity for me nearing the end... 

they say when you have gone 12 months you are full Meno)  I still get symptoms every month but no period, normally the tender breasts is my best clue one is coming for real, as I dont get this tender breast symptom when i miss another..I have only had the tiny tiny spotting once since Aug and it was almost unnoticable.

hope that helps

Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks.its always nice to know what to expect.there seems to be a lot written about hot flushes and irritability but like the weight gain which b6 vitamins seems to have sorted periods coming and going ain't mentioned.
    • Posted

Hi Linda

yes the B6 is very good for you, and B12 ... 

i take both, amongst others that we need, Calcium and Vit D ( Natecal D) for the bones, Maca, Estroven Maximum... blimey the list goes on 😃enjoy your weekend.. Jay xx

• Posted

I am lucky at the moment.i only take the b6.evening primrose oil and iron tablets.i get plenty of calcium through drinking my coconut milk.and my b12 levels were just right the last time I had them checked.hope you enjoy the long weekend.best bit about Easter.x
  • Posted

Hi Linda,

We all seem to be different. Mine stopped dead about 2 years ago and nothing since. Not even a show. I think in that respect I'm one of the lucky ones. Great site - worth reading some of the other threads as everyone is really supportive.

smile

• Posted

I hope I am as lucky as you.it is a great site as my mum is no longer with me so I can't ask her and both my older sisters haven't gone through it naturally.
    • Posted

SoopyLoopy

you lucky thing, but very pleased you sailed through it, some lucky ladies do, my mother did, 2 years from start to finish, then me... in almost in year nine of peri, could write a book about it and what Natural remedies i try, hahahahahahaha... 

funny thing is .. my hot flushes stopped a while ago, but this last week I have had about 6 a day... 😢 dont know why ... its all so odd.. Jay x

• Posted

I'm the same - lost my mum over 20yrs ago before she went through it and I'm the oldest. The periods might have stopped dead but it hasn't stopped the flushes and fuzzy head etc. redface Liked this smiley - it's having a hot flush....

• Posted

Not sailing that well. Not having periods is about the only good bit. Just joined the gym again and started eating better and taking B vits. Hot flushes have died down considerably. All advise from the other threads and seemt to working smile

• Posted

Hi SoopyLoppy..

oh nice one, I have had 9 years trying everything and have stuck to what works best for me... dont know why my flushes have returned again, but was actually okay yesterday...  good for you with the gym, we have to carry on and workouts certainly make you feel better 😃 they dont have to be long ones even ten mins a day is a start ... 😃 Jay x

• Posted

In my experience Lindeavery unlikely, but I kept using contraceptives for a very long time, lol, just in case! 
  • Posted

In my experience Linda unlikely, but I kept using contraceptives for a very long time, lol, just in case[img]http://s8.patient.media/forums/emoticons/undefined[/img] But others may know different. Anne.
  • Posted

Excuse multi messages and mistakes, doing this on my tablet, not as easy as laptop!
    • Posted

I was sterilised a very long time ago so that is no problem.i am quite a cold blooded person so the hot flushes are not really much of a problem at the moment.i will try all natural remedies cos I don't want to go on hrt.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.