Periods after zoladex

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I had a fibroid removed before Christmas and my last zoladex injection was 24th November. I had 3 injections in total. Can anyone tell me when to expect my period? I thought it was around 4-6 weeks but it'll be 8 weeks this Thursday. I'm 33 so no signs of early onset menopause,

Any advice would be very appreciated,

Thank you,

Sarah

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I also had 3 Zoladex injections, the final one being early August, and still no sign of my period. I'm still getting hot flushes and mood swings *yay* 

My gynae said that he'll prescribe something to kick-start my period if it doesn't show in the next couple of months, but he felt I should try to let my body to do it naturally. 

I'm 36 and wanting to get pregnant, so the delay is bothering me a lot! But as far as I know, everyone reacts differently, so your period might return more promptly. 

Best wishes, Rosie

• Posted

Thank you Rosie,

I guess it varies from person to person. I really want the get pregnant too this year so willing them start! Have you had any symptoms suggesting you might start soon? I keep thinking I've got period pain but think it might just be wishful thinking. I hope everything kicks back in asap for you x

• Posted

Just a quick update, my period finally arrived today (phew!)

...So I had my final 3-month injection last August (2016) which was meant to have worn off in November. Over Dec til about the first week of Jan I had terrible mood swings, then about two weeks ago I could tell my body was changing in some way. Finally, Feb 2017, it returned, so all up, it took five months after my last injection for my period to come back.

Hope you get yours soon! It'll happen eventually, don't worry!

best wishes, Rosie

• Posted

Hi Rosie,

So pleased that yours have come back! Mine came back yesterday! I feel pretty dreadful physically but so relieved! Onwards and upwards now for us both!

Take care,

Sarah x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.