Periods are strange

Posted , 2 users are following.

I reciently found that I have a large fibroid and I am waiting for an appointment with a consultant. My period have been messing around for the last few months. Before that they were very 21 days but had started to get heavy, then I missed 3 months which as I am 51 throught it was the begining of menopause. Then I had a short period of a few days but about 10 days later I had a period that was so heavy I couod hardly move and lasted for just over 2 weeks. Onece it stop 2/3 weeks weeks later I had another lighter one for 7 days. Now I haven't had one for 8 weeks. I never had period pains but with the last couple I have had some. I see on other post people speaking about pains from having the fibroid and over the last few weeks I have had pain. It has been in my upper abdominal which feels like bloating and stabbing/aching pain and now in my lower abdominal which feels like period pain or as if my insides want to fall out. I wondered if this relates to  what other people have.

I have a problem going for a wee sometimes I can do a normal one then other times it little bit and offen which lead to an infection

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Fibroids cause many problems some are as follows: Bloating, backache pain low frontal dragging, heavy blood loss with clots like liver, anaemia, pressure on the bladder causing frequency, urine infections due to an inibility to void completely. Urodynamics can help.. But the best solution is a total Abdominal Hysterectomy leaving any good healthy ovaries.. Then go onto Tibilone HRT to halt the Menopause. I had My op when I was at 46.. Never looked back!
    • Posted

Thank you so much for this answer. I have got myself really scared about it all and imagining alsorts as I had a CA125 blood test that came bacl at level 26 I have read that under 35 is okay but my doctor said although there prob isn't a problem he want me to see a consultant, I have tried not to worry but I'm not doing very well at that so every pain I an imagining also sorts. (I know that is stupid)

• Posted

Fibroids are fibrous tissue and known as benign cancers.. I never had this test to my knowledge but.. All turned out well. I even took out y own suture out.. Dressed my own wound. 
    • Posted

It's not a problematic cancer but still a problem although temporary till fixed asked any woman with Fibroids I had 5 huge ones, my surgeon said when he removed the womb it was like a net bag of oranges..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.