Periods/ hormones?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone noticed a change in their period from the hormone imbalance HS brings?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes most of the time I won’t get my period for 3-6 months. I went to the doctor he  prescribed birth control I stop taking it because I would get my period twice a month. I went back to the doctor and found out I had pcos and imbalances hormone of course. I use to get very bad flare up every month because I wouldn’t get my period. I did my own research since there’s no cure for H.S. for now I needed something to help me with my flare up and imbalance hormones. I been drinking tumeric pill everyday that I bought in GNC and been eating health for past year. I haven’t not got any bad flare up and my period has been coming down every month. My small old wombs would open and drain a little but I nothing new would come out. I hope this helps 
  • Posted

No but what I have noticed is that during my cycle my outbreaks are worse. I'm 52 ,6 months ,hopefully into menopause, I have tracts under my arms and lesion on the inside of my thighs. It's bearable sometimes but during that PMS time, God help me it's painful as hell.

• Posted

I'd say my hormones influence my HS rather than my HS changing my period. I ALWAYS get new and worse cysts around my period. If you've got particularly irregular periods tell your doctor since it might not be related to HS. There are some contraceptive pills that can supposedly help HS so you could ask for something like Dianette that has anti-androgen properties and it will correct your cycle while potentially helping your HS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.