Periods worse since Perimenopause

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone else suffer with worse period pain since going through perimenopause??

I never had it this bad as a teenager and now at 44 am suffering with a whole host of nasty symptoms.

Day 2 of my period and feeling really horrible.

Headaches, light headedness, dizziness, fatigue, heavy legs... list goes on...

I was never this bad before and used to be able to function pretty much as per normal bar the tiredness.

This is just awful and debilitating...

I have a 4 year old so you can imagine how much fun all this is...

Does it get better???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No it doesn't get better-- or at least for me.. My periods are much worse as well-- never had issues in my younger years.. I've had many things with my periods and it's not the same every month.. Headaches, cramping where I have to lay down, sometimes it's extremely heavy which is just a mess-- this last month I've leaked thru couple times, I have exhaustion where I defiantly need more sleep and naps at this time. More time in the bathroom , my left breast feels weird which I'm sure are heart palps, days before the period my breasts are full and swollen which hurt, I've had anger and rage. You might want to start a journal on what your feeling at this time just so you can go back and say 'OK, I 've had this before' or if something is odd you can call your DR. Mine are still 28 days apart thank goodness because I don't plan anything around this time at all--- how can I have fun worrying about a heavy flow..

• Posted

I can totally relate to you Kelly.

It's awful, right?

There must be something to alleviate the symptoms. I hope we find it!

• Posted

Just take good care of yourself at this time!!!! I take supplements, drink plenty of water and make sure I don't eat too much junk but not sure that does anything. It could but I think we just have to go thru the motions to get to the end.. ha ha I really don't have expections during this time and if I do the bare minimum which is dinner and maybe laundry then so be it. Because when that exhaustion hits, I'm a mess. Take care!!!

• Posted

i started peri when i was 43. and during that first couple of years my periods were very painful...especially the second day.then it got to where it wasn't that bad every month and i started skipping periods or being late or early. now when i do have a period it just seems to drag out and last longer. not the awful labor pains type period. I am 47 now. hopefully it will ease up for you too.

• Posted

Hi dear

ur not alone.

me too suffering alot .

Same like you my period also become very painful along with dizziness, headaches and off balance issues.

Hang is there

tk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.