perioral dermatitis

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hi. I have been suffering of a terrible skin condition since almost a year ago. The last dermatology i have seen told me that i have papular rosacea/perioral dermatitis . It has made me so sad , i have try many creams im taking antibiotics since 2months ago but nothing has help. Please can somebody help me with some advise about what have work for you all? I have been avoid the use of cosmetcs and face lotions as much as i can . All i use as a moisterizer is argan oil . Because everything i use cause me irritation and much more bonps. Help please

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

Have you tried 100% naturopathic therapeutic products?

Chemicals irritate the skin and make the condition worse!

I use natural products on my son ànd dog and they have cleared his condition up amazingly. I was so impressed with the difference the products made to his skin that I became a skincare consultant for these products

• Posted

I have suffered from this on and off for 15 years!!!! Take antibiotics oxeytetracycine for 2 -3 months but at mo even that not helping.  All I can use is aveeno.  I think you just have too use nothing until it clears.  Who knows when that might be.  I think mine may be menopause related but have had eczema since chid hood so am prone to this anyway.  So glad i found this forum as I have atualyy been suffering with depression over it as can't wear any makeup at all.  

• Posted

Hi elizabeth0830. 

Thanks for sharing. I also suffer from skin conditions and know people who have too. First to start off with diet, i would suggest not eat food that causes inflammation cause that is contributing to your condition. Focus on foods that are anti inflammatory, herbs, avocado, fruits and vegetables. 

Second, you can try taking a omega 3 fish oil. I found out that has greatly benefited me. Maybe it can help you too. 

Hope this helps. Can recommend fish oil i use if you don't know which one to use. 

• Posted

I had PD for over 12 years and I have seen multiple GPs and two consultants. Bizarrely the only thing that worked for me was washing my face with head and shoulders shampoo, because of the zinc active ingredient (presumably). It's bizarre as I've been prescribed Tetracycline, at least a dozen creams or lotions and even tried to identify food trends (let alone running indoors when the sun came out). For me, the benefit took about 4 days or so. I strongly urge you to try this cheap and accessible potential remedy, although everyone's case can be different. Good luck!!

• Posted

I have been looking for an answer to the seborrhoeic dermatitis around my nose, so, perioral. Am so pleased that at last I seem to have discovered the best solution. My latest research suggested using yoghurt, and it is really helping.

I have discovered that there is lots of information on the net about using it as  face mask, with many benefits. It seems that the bacteria in yoghurt replace the skin’s natural defensive bacteria, which are stripped away by cleaning, shampooing, etc.

It must be a good quality, full fat greek yoghurt, which has probiotics and no other additives.

I don’t use soap on my skin at all. So, I remove my makeup by smoothing yoghurt over the face, then wiping off with a paper towel.

Then I put a thick layer on my face and leave for 5-30 minutes. Clean off with a damp paper towel.

No need for moisturisers.

The seb/derm has almost completely gone after only a few days. The soreness and itching disappeared.

Something so simple and cheap, with no chemicals.

Am delighted, but would like other people to know how effective and easy it is. This can be done as often as you wish. I urge you to look up Yoghurt Face Mask in the internet. No need to add the extras suggested, but it will give you the reasons behind its effectiveness.

It is wise to steer clear of chemicals in any products used on the skin and scalp. I am considering trying it on my scalp to see if it helps with the seborrhoeic keratoses. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.