Perioral Dermatitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been suffering with PoD for months now which is the worst thing ever!

Can someone please recommend some really simple/organic light face moisurisers that are chemical free? I have tried zero therapy but need a moisturiser for when my face is really really dry!

Also, any SLS/chemical free shampoos?

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Rosehip oil

Coconut oil

Sesame seed oil

For a face mask you could try mushed up advicado and honey (Manuka if you can get it)

I don't suffer from this so not sure if any of these will help, I hope one of them does if not someone else maybe able to recommend something for you, good luck Hun 😊

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi chloe76413, I am allergic to SLS and sulfonated fatty acids and have struggled to find a suitable shampoo. I resorted to using a Gentle Face Wash Gel by Lacura (the Aldi brand) as a shampoo. It is very mild, does not dry out my scalp and hair and I tolerate it very well. (I have dry and sensitive skin that is prone to irritation.) The gel has few ingredients, no harsh chemicals, and is perfume free. 

Surprisingly, it foams reasonably well and leaves my hair shiny. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've been using 'simple' for years until I researched the ingredients & it's far from simple!!

Can't believe so many brands advertise as natural & organic but they're really not!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi,

I suffered from Seb Derm for over 20 years & have been clear for just over a year. My routine consists of a night wash of warm water with Dead Sea salts, I use aveeno skin relief cooling/mental moisturiser. I alternate selsun & nizaral shampoo's.

I also take 2000iu's of vitamin D supliments with a daily probiotic.

This was all recommended to me by a dermatologist (apart from the Dead Sea salts)

I have spent hundreds of pounds & desperate hours on every lotion & potion you can think of, my routine is cheap & I've never felt happier.

Best of luck

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Mickey

I agree water & perhaps a gentle moisturiser is best just finding it hard to find one. There's some nasties in aveeno e.g. Liquid paraffin which I want to avoid

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Chloe I use pure organic shea butter to moisturise which can be a bit greasy but find it helps.I also mixed my own which is shea butter ,coconut oil and vitamin e oil whipped together for 10 mins with an electric mixer Everyone is different so hope you find something that suits you .Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up