Peripheral neoutopathy worried what can I do

Posted , 9 users are following.

I would like to hear from other sufferers how they deal with this. I cant seem to get any help.

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

my doctor told me today and after 7 years of back and forth to the doctors being told it's just anxiety said it was neuralgia but neuralgia seems to be linked to ms and my whole left side is affected I'm still not convinced after all this time

• Posted

I think after seven years you would have had more signs if were MS. Neuralgia has many causes and not just MS. Try to think of simpler, less drastic reasons.

• Posted

maybe my anxiety is playing a part in it aswell and me fooling doesnt help really

• Posted

Anxiety can really affect your health. Googling symptoms only makes things worse.

• Posted

just the not normal feeling that scares me for days maybe weeks I'm ok then bang for days or weeks I feel so Ill and weak and not myself

• Posted

I have the same problem. I can have no symptoms for days, weeks or months and then it comes back for days, weeks or months. I am no longer scared about it because I have a diagnosis from my doctor. The only thing that is bothersome is the pain and discomfort. Maybe try relaxation therapy and concentrate on the things you enjoy which can help soothe your anxiety and symptoms. Distraction techniques work for me.

• Posted

it scares me so much facial numbness well a strange feeling because I can feel my lips and tongue just not as much as my right side my 1 year old pinches my left cheek oh gosh that hurts but when all this happens I have shoulder pain and my arm feels like its weak but it isnt as I hold my daughter and my left leg feels funny and my ankle cold I'm just not convinced or I'm scared I dont know 7 years of this and no answer until today apart from anxiety deborah it's all in your head I'm so sorry to be going on I'm just worried

• Posted

Hi Dingle

I have Periphral Neuropathy in my right foot under my toes can be painful and my foot as gone numb on occassions.

I am going for a nerve Conducting test soon to see what shows up.

I wish you look.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.