Peripheral neuropathy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello I'm Rachel i need help i would like to know if anyone has made a connection between adrenal insufficiency & peripheral neuropathy, i was just diagnosed with having.AI, i already had some numbness in my feet for years with miminal pain, but now my PN has gotten so severe i can barely lay my legs on the bed, can't touch my skin in any form due to the severity of pain, i am crying for hrs on end, i take neurontin & tylenol/ codeine, with no relief i will be going to pain management on. 8th of sept. I am a 55 yr old female that has severe fibromyalgia as well i live in the US , i am in the process of trying to get 2nd opinion in endocrinology, neurology, rhumatology, i feel there is a connection, all of my blood work hve come bck abnormal for over a year i hve been told something is definately wrong we just don't knw what it is, so we can treat it. I also am having biospy on the 9th sept on my thyroid, also i hve to hve lymph nodes removed from my groing, also on the left side of my head front & bck the nap of my neck and behind my ear pain so bad and visual changes, so i need a MRI to see if i hve a pituitary tumor. Please if someone can give me some input on what might be going on, the PAIN. has taken a toll on my body. Physcially, mentally , emotionally, spiritually, i hve suffered long enough, i am in so much pain as i type this i hve been up since 2am Us time.. I look forward to getting some information from someone. Thank You Rachel.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 47 , I started having the pain in my feet , calves and back of legs about 9 months ago. The pain is increased when i lye down at night.especially the part of my legs that touch the bed.The pain can be excruciating.I use to like getting into bed now i dread it.Not that thats the only time i am in pain but it seems to be at its worst in bed.This has definitely affected my life in a negative way.My doctor first said fibromyalgia and put me on lyrica. That was no relief and made me a zombie.Needless to say i quit taking it.It did nothing for the pain.I seen on this site tonight a lot of people saying they found relief with cymbalta. I am looking into it this week. One thing i would like to suggest that i found to help by accident. I have a back massager that vibrates with heat. Well I have it under my legs every night. The vibrations from it does seem to bring some relief though not as much as i would like. But something is better than nothing.I hope you find some relief and will let you know if Cymbalta helps me.While i hate that anyone has to endure this. I am glad i found this site and that other people are searching for the answers. God bless and Don't give up.You have already touched lives and hearts of people you have never met. Including me. Anthony.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.