Peripheral Neuropathy

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have a very bad limp, but I don't limp from pain. My left leg is numb, pins and needles, the sole of my foot burns something shocking. I have no stability, leg is very weak and fatigues very quickly. I have trouble walking and drag my foot. It's bad at night too when I get into bed and I have to take meds to try and get to sleep, does anyone else have these symptoms?

Have had it for 2 years, have seen Neuroligist, muscoskeletal therapist, chiro, deep tissue massage, Osteo, rheumatologist, physio, have had 2 MRI's. Still can't find s cause. I am currently seeing a Chinese Herbalist and have an appointment next Monday for a big city neuro. Looking for help or suggestions, it's getting me down 😢

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have these same issues(for years) mine is nerve damage related to slipped disks! Several procedures and major surgery still have these issues so now have to depend on meds. The test that was most productive for diagnose was a nerve conduction test. Before surgery they they also did some kind of test that involved the actual disks. These were done at a hospital thru the surgeon. I also had a nerve conduction test way before surgery and this was with a neurologist. I sure hope the neuro Dr you will be seeing can help you sort out what is going on. A word of caution. Do not ignore what your body is trying to tell you! Keep on top of this issue as it can be made worse thro neglect. My very best wishes are with Kerri. This is a difficult journey and it will require you to call on every bit of resolve you have. I will be thinking of you and I am sending a hug your way. 🍀💐

• Posted

Hi, yep I've had a nerve conductivity test, apparently showed nothing. I'm in Australia and have seen two neurologists in my home town but next Monday I'm going to Sydney to see another neurologist. Fingers crossed, will keep you posted. I need meds for sleeping at the moment, but don't want to use anything I can get addicted to. Had to come off Endone after shoulder op 2 years ago, that was a nightmare

• Posted

Hi Kerry, I was diagnosed 2 years ago after nerve conduction tests and MRI. My Neuro prescribed  a course of Immunoglobulin spread over a year (6 sessions of 5 day Intravenous transfusions. It did nothing. My left leg is pretty similar to yours, numbness, pins and Needles etc (no pain) I walk with a stick and my balance is all over the place. I spoke with a clinic that has developed this electro stimulation device, that helps a variety of problems (Stroke, Parkinsons etc) but they told me it would not help with PN as it needs the nerves to conduct. Mine (Ours?) don't. The Neuro saw me last Dec and told me there was no cure. It would either stay like it for years or progress! Comforting eh! 

Good luck with your efforts, hope they bear fruit and I would be interested should you find a solution. 

• Posted

Have u been checked for pernicious anaemia There is also the Pernicious anaemia Society online forum.
    • Posted

Will keep you posted Paul. I find it frustrating that no one can find a reason for the condition. Very frustrating. I used to travel to Europe often for holidays, can't go any more.....can't walk 😢

• Posted

Hi every one,

Unfortunatly , Im sorry to hear about your cases.

I have been to Korea for check up and I was also diagnosed with Polyneuropathy with unknown cause since last November.

I also feel the same symptoms burning and tingling in my left hand and feet .

until now i used medications with no good results.

Im planning to try "COLD LASER THERAPY" there is some researches suggest but im not sure if it will be the best choice or just losing money .

eh its all about looking for health

Cheers ,

• Posted

Have to find out the root cause then take it from there. Mine is due to medication.
  • Posted

Hi Kerri

I also have the neuropathy in both feet I have had it since 2011 it first started when I had my right hip replaced they use to gabapentin it help for a long along time up until last year and it does nothing anymore but the doctors keep increasing the disease and it's a hit and miss and works when it wants and it give me dry mouth all the time .

I have the neuropathy in both feet now my feet are numb and I get burning pain in my feet plus electrical shocks going through my feet it's weird to have numb feet but have pain in them . I can't wear shoes longer then a hour at a time because my feet start hurting and burning plus My shoe will fall off and I don't even notice it at the time it weird .

Plus when driving my right foot slips off the gas and brake pedal and it's scary I have almost have gotten into some accidents , but last year I also have type 2 Diabetes so the doctors say that's why I have neuropathy in my feet and hands . So you might want to have your doctor check to see if your Diabetic I had the signs for 5 years before one doctor realize they should do a lot of blood work on me so when they finally did they realized I had Diabetes and my A1C was 6.7 so have your doctors do a full blood work up on you to see if you are Diabetic good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.