Peripheral Neuropathy

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with PN about 4 years ago after nerve conduction tests. I had it done due to pins and needles sensations on my feet and lower legs at night.  Those symptoms have mostly gone but the ends of all my toes are completely numb.  It doesn't come and go, they are just always numb and touch, temperature and pain isn't felt.

Does anyone else have PN like this ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi annie...

Sorry for your troubles, yes I do. Mine started with pins & needles at first as well, but now I can hardly feel my left foot & my right is not far off. I have both ph as well as raynauds, so together they are torture (I have both pain but also numbness) it feels like they are in blocks of ice or in fire, my toenails turn black, as well as red. The whole nail has fallen completely off & has grown so weird that I need to remove a few through surgery... my fingers are starting to show signs of the disease as well... it’s a nightmare. What autoimmune disease (if any) do you have besides this? I have sjogrens as well as utcd (with possible unidentified lupus though not yet specified)... take care.

• Posted

I have oral lichen planus which isn't related to PN as far as I know.  I don't know about Sjogrens at this stage but the low saliva flow + dry eye + sore joints with the PN as well as a family history of these symptoms makes me suspect that it may be the case.  I will have some blood tests and see what comes up.

• Posted

I have read studies that say Evening Primrose helps with peripheral neuropathy but also thins the blood.  I want to try it but am on blood thinners. Google both probs together for the govt study
    • Posted

Hi linda,

thanks for the info, I will look into it...

best to you!

• Posted

Hi annie,

i take meds for the extreme dryness but have really not found anything to help... my teeth are damaged far repair due to it & my eyesight has waned considerably... the doctors say it is sjogrens, however I know of someone having sjogrens & they are not in half the shape I am (I know there is different degrees & everyone is different) it can be daunting say the least... 

best to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.