Peripheral Neuropathy

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy 3 years ago, it started in my feet and gradually travelled up my legs to just below the knee. I don't have pain as such just a feeling of extreme tightness which is most noticeable in bed at night. I also get pins and needles in both feet and sometimes they go numb if I'm sitting with my legs crossed for example which usually goes as soon as I start moving about. I have also noticed in the last few months that I feel a bit unsteady when out walking. I'm told there is no cure but I would be interested to know what other people do to relieve the symptoms, if anything.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I've had the pins and needles, electric shocks and pain in feet and legs and had taken Alpha lipoic acid, omega 3, vit B complex and PEA (palmitoyletanolamide). I hope it can help you..

• Posted

i was diagnosed with neuropathy 6 years ago and I'm on gabapentin, naltrexone, baclofen, carbomazepine and tramadol and with all of those meds nothing has helped me with the nerve pain. I've been on Lyrica and a few different antidepressants and anticeizure meds and they made things a lot worse

• Posted

i have sensory neuropathy and pinched nerves. i was on oxycodone for 3 years, but it was to strong. i found water excersize is the least painfull. Hydrocodone works quite well, but its impossible to get anyone to write a perscription. but excersize is a must or the pain is unbearible. im lucky i live near mexico where i can get Tramadol and Hydrocodone. i have tried all sorts of off lable medications that are pretty much worthless. the side effects of off lable meds are not worth the minimal relief they give. i have tried spinal cord stimulators. but be very cautious on them. during my trail it almost killed me. Remember your dealing with nerve issues and the underlying causes. i take b complex vitamins, with little help. most doctors will miss diagnosis you. so be carefull of what they recommend. The doctors will red flage you as a complex case and refuse to treat you. it's very challenging, and in ways its a curse. it's so important to sleep well and try different meds to see if any work. unfournitly your on your own.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.