peripheral neuropathy and annular tears.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone suffered from peripheral neuropathy due to an annular tear between L4 and L5. I would be grateful for any replies to this as the condition is extremely distressing.

Many thanks.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So would either of you like me to help you receive the best care you can tracel to?
    • Posted

Fortunately after 6 months of this I am attending the biggest and best spinal hospital in Scotland this coming week. Can't express how glad and happy I've got that far now. Sounds sad I know but it's been a long time waiting. This week I will find out the full prognosis and all that is going to happen. Unfortunately I've been made aware the disc will be operated on but be almost a certainty as my upper spine is so skewed that it is inoperable. 😱 Due to this it's 50/50 if I'll ever be able to work again I've been told also. After 23 years working nonstop I'll find that difficult if I can't work. This week I'll get all this looked at though and what the verdict is.

• Posted

best in Scotland, excellent.

I was 32 when my physician said, enough.

IF that should happen, perhaps you and I can have a wee chat. The future is what we choose. Volunteer work will give you a deep satisfaction that a pay chrck never can.

I volunteered teaching at a children's orthopedic hospital. These were very poor children whose parents could not affors to visit. We raced wheelchairs, the children delighted in pulling my plug from behing.

And then one day I arrived and as I rolled off of the elevator, an adorable 7 year old was parked in his wheelchair waiting for me. He held up his arm now in a dynamic splint with his fingers held in position by rubberbands hooked to the outrigger..."Look! Just like you"

Do not allow this damnable disease to beat you.

• Posted

From what I've seen the hospital is the best we have here. It is a purpose built spinal injury etc hospitalI'm sorry to hear that but you seem to have managed to transition quite well from what has happened with yourself. I will just need to wait and see what happens I suppose. A relative of mine has been paralysed from the waist down since he was 13 due to a bad accident so I can chat with him and get advice etc which will help me a bit to adjust though it would be good to speak with yourself too. After waiting so long and wanting to get seen as the days get closer each day is a bit more fearful due to not knowing what will happen and thinking of the ifs and buts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.