Peripheral neuropathy and pregabelin

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI Has anyone tried pregabelin/lyrica for peripheral neuropathy and if so was it helpful? Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I personally have not taken Lyrica but have two adult family members who have had it prescribed.  My College aged niece had seven ankle surgeries in NYC to correct a soccer injury.  Both family members experienced an overwhelming sadness and depression after three days on Lyrica.  My understanding is that this is a common side effect of taking Lyrica.  I've had neuropathy issues neck injury - have taken Gabapentin with success. I would be very cautious with Lyrica. 

• Posted

Thanks. I have heard extremely bad reviews on this drug and also read the data was falsified by a Dr in the US. he was found guilty and funding removed. It is widely publicised just wanted to find out more . Take care 
  • Posted

What is periphial neuropathy?  Is it the same as nociceptive pain.  I believe that is what may be suffering from.  It is on the bottom of my foot under my cast that I am wearing after ankle surgery. and it cause my foot to throb and it feels like intense pressure.  I haven't tried anything other than self diagnosis through sites like this.  But I have tried breathing and healing meditations which seem to ease the discomfort

• Posted

Hi No I think it is different altogether r . PN is burning, tingling, numbness , spasms of legs . It is getting me down . Sorry re brief response but laptop about to crash.
  • Posted

I have taken it for some time and it has helped me tremendously.  I only take 75 mg at bedtime because it does make me sleepy. I had a good bit of weight gain the first few months of taking this medication.  I was able to lose some of the weight over time. The pain was miserable so the trade off was worth buying one size larger in pants. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.