Peripheral Neuropathy due to alcoholism

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone here suffer with this condition.  My son is an alcoholic.  After years of drinking, he decided to go into rehab for a couple of months, a year ago.  He is now suffering with peripheral neuropathy.  Has anyone here suffer with it or familiar with this condition.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry to butt in. But people, as I mentioned the other day in the dimentia thread, thiamine b1 is very important if you drink heavily (especially as you don't eat properly) and drinking supresses the intake of it. Or if you have stopped drinking, still take thiamine b1 and vitamin b compound strong to help your liver recover.

Lack of thiamine b1, leads to all sorts of complications, especially memory loss - senile/dimentia.

• Posted

Yea..I can't find the B vitamins I bought.....I'm so aggrivated...Vitamin C is always helpful too...AND Sports drinks....

And I was just reading - for people who are having bathroom problems..like I am...the BRAT diet (which they changed to BRATY).

Bannanas - Rice - Applesauce - Tea (black) and Yogurt.

That is all I had today and none of those things went "thru" me...and that was a blessing for me today....those items also have "penicin" something like that in them...which helps repair our livers.

• Posted

Thiamine b1 for your memory, vitamin b compound to repair your liver. Don't just take multivitamins, they don't have the right doses you need.
    • Posted

Misssy2 I always get the runs when I've stopped drinking, often with little or no warning. Am now back to normal.just make sure you drink plenty of water
    • Posted

RHGB...yes, I did buy actual Thiamine and B12....and Vitamin C...and something else that I don't remember..but I thought I was so smart at the time...because I when I was in detox...I asked the Nurse what the concoction was they were giving me of vitamins...and I do think she said the Thiamine was the most important one...so she said it was B1....

Do you know...I looked for at least 20 MINUTES for a bottle labeled B1...People...B1 is not labeled B1.....at least not in the US.

It is labeled Thiamine!  I had finally found it...and now it is lost in the house somewhere.

• Posted

vickylou....that is our pancreas acting up..it is scary....And if I drink any more water...Its going to come out my ears..and I still have the runs....even the sports drinks I am drinking!  So...I tried just rice and bannanas yesterday....and it did help yesterday...but I can't live on rice and banannas...today I ate kind of normal...but my stomach still doesn't like me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.