Peripheral Neuropathy...I'm 27 years old!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need a little help about feelings strange sensations in my arms and legs.

I'm 27 years old male and I'm concerned about having peripheral neuropathy.

It's been 5 months now having this symptoms: Pulsing or tingling pain in my arms and legs, a burning pain in my right foot which get worse at cold weather and week hands. Dr. Google not only wasn't helpfull at all, but caused more anxiety about possible causes of my symptoms.

I did blood tests witch came back normal, and a vitamin b12 test which came 260 pg/ml. It is on the normal range (normal range is 190 to 650 pg/ml). Iv'e read that nerve problems can be showed even at this levels. Can it be he cause? Iv'e had stomach problems (GERD)since I was 15 btw and i have taken Nexium/Zantax occasionally to reduce the acid level in my stomach.

I started taking b12 suplements 2 months ago, but I don't feel any improvement. The symtoms haven't got worse though.

Any one can help me? Thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you been referred to a neurologist? Were you prescribed any antibiotics prior to this starting? 
    • Posted

No I havent been at a neurologist yet. I just started notice this feelings only 2 months ago as I was googling my symptoms. I thought it was something similar to my mother who has had cold feet since she was young.

No I have not taken any antibiotics prior to this.

• Posted

If you are in the UK the waiting time to see a neurologist is usually about six months.
    • Posted

I'm not in the UK and I can get a neurologist appointment tomorow but I'm so scared to go to the doctor(Haven't been there for ages). 😔

• Posted

Hi Aroldgrey,

I had Gillian Barrie syndrome had tingling feet legs hand head  they kep shooting me out the hospital .I was deterating they couldn’t find any thing in my blood work or ct scans or mri as the time went by sick as dog throwing up so week barley could walk . Ambulance came past out had no movement .The only way they found out was spinal tap I was I icu long time .Just keep going to the doctors and hope they find out what’s wrong . If they don’t find out keep Persuing till u get answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.