Peripheral shadow after Macular Pucker Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had vitrectomy with peel (macular pucker) on my left eye two weeks ago.  There is much the docs don't tell you, like my eye would be dilated for up to a week after stopping the eye drops.  It's still diolated.  The distorted horizontal line is still there but they emphasis that it's wait and see (weeks and maybe months) for improvement.  But the thing that is really bothering me is this shadow or curve in the lower left of my peripheral vision. At my post op visit I asked the doc if he missed something in the surgery as I was seeing that  "shadow or floating edge" (no, I didn't get an air bubble). He said he didn't miss anything and told me that because of the angle limit for the peeling instrument they can only peel so much around the perimeter of my central vision.  He said most people see something in peripheral after surgery and told me it might go away and might not. Driving me nuts.  Is he lying to me, did he miss something?  Will this go away?  Is there a follow surgery to clean this up?  Help!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry Tom, I do not know anything about the condition you describe so I am unable to offer any advice. All I can say is that I wish you all the best for the future and hope everything turns out O.K.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.