Peripheral vision blindness in right eye

Posted , 3 users are following.

Couple hours back, I lost a lot of my peripheral vision in my right eye. It's as if I had some large floaters in my eye, only that these floaters would be spots of blindness.

This only lasted for about 30 minutes or so, but I'm starting to worry that I'm going to lose my eyesight.

Is it worth seeing the doctors about this if this was a one-off occurrence?

It could be a retinal migraine, although I didn't really get a proper headache when this happened. Even so, is this worth seeing the GP about?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes please do have it checked. It could easily be as you describe a retinal migraine but I had this when I had uveitis and that needs to be treated. Do you have eye casualty near you or a local optician who does triage? We do locally. Not sure if you are in UK. Please don't worry unnecessarily but defo get it checked. With eyes take no chances. Best of luck

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any eye casualty places within walking distance, but I'll go to the GP tomorrow so at least they can take a look at it. Hopefully they can refer me somewhere if needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.