Periseminachoid sah

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

Most likely spelt the above wrong but it's a very rare none anurysm subarachnoid haemorrhage.

I am almost 2 weeks post this but suffering from excruciating lower spine spasms and constant pain in backs of legs similar to nerve pain. Unfortunately I'm not getting any answers as hospitals main concern is getting another brain MRI done to check for abnormalities. My GP thinks it may be nerve damage caused by lumber puncture as it took them 3 goes to get fluid out.

Really hoping someone on here may have been or is experiencing this same problem as unfortunately I already have mobility issues caused by arthritis in the spine and most of my joints so this is adding to it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Update

Perimesencephalic sah was the name of my subarachnoid haemorrhage. 6 weeks on and having good and bad days. Today I did a bit of dusting and gave kitchen tops a good clean as baking again (when I have the energy) . Tonight since 9:30 in bed with base of head and neck pain that even morphine won't budge so I've overdone it again, which is very easy done unfortunately. Recent MRI showed no abnormalities which is good but as explained they didn't find a cause so unfortunately can't promise it won't happen again even though this type of sah originally were given good outcomes but that decision was changed in 2012 as it's that rare they really can't say. The original comment that it's less likely to happen again came from an American neuro in about 1990. I still have days my balance seems to play up still getting blurred vision and a lot of pain from lumber puncture site that actually stops me from standing too long. I already had mobility issues due to chronic arthritis of my spine and joints but this is an extra nuisance. I know I really shouldn't moan as I'm alive.

That's it for now but hopefully this may help anyone else with this rare type of subarachnoid haemorrhage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.